Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand new to this, need masquerade help please!

3 posters

Go down

Brand new to this, need masquerade help please! Empty Brand new to this, need masquerade help please!

Post by michmax3 Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi, I'm going to a masquerade party with some friends and want to learn face painting so I can do cool eye masks for our group, any ideas on where to start? I've done lots of other types of painting/drawing, just not on faces.

What make-up is the best to use (a few of the girls have pretty dark skin)? What brushes? I saw some people mention a rainbow cake, what is that exactly? Is that an application method or a type of palette? Thanks for the tips! Any design pics would be great too!

michmax3

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-29

Back to top Go down

Brand new to this, need masquerade help please! Empty Re: Brand new to this, need masquerade help please!

Post by martha Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:37 pm

Welcome! There are a lot of your questions covered in depth in several threads. Try using the search bar or reading some of the stuff in Face Painting Kit or General Discussion. Aught to be able to find lots of info as well as design ideas.
martha
martha

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Brand new to this, need masquerade help please! Empty Re: Brand new to this, need masquerade help please!

Post by 1HappyNut Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Welcome. Sounds like fun.
If you search for images on the internet, I'm sure you will come up with many design ideas.
Professional FDA-approved face paint/makeup and brushes can be purchased right here in the Forum Shop
_Click Here for Forum Shop_ This shop carries everything you need to get started.
And there are other sites (possibly closer to your area) that sell them as well, either online or out of a storefront. Please make sure you don't use any craft/acrylic/tempura paints on skin though! They are not FDA approved and not safe for use on skin.

I have heard neon face paints show up really well on darker pigmented skin.
A rainbow cake is strips of several colours aligned side-by-side in a container, so that you can pick all colours up on your brush or sponge. If you do an image search on the internet, you will see many examples.

As for help on HOW to get it done, you may need to do your research study checking out tutorials online. Be prepared to get sucked in to the vortex of the painting world if you do though (they are addictive)! cyclops

The forum is a great place to learn, but you have to be prepared to do a little work hunting. Be sure and check out past posts for LOTS of great information, especially the 'facepainting kit' section (scroll down on the Home Page to find that section). Have a look around... And I dare you NOT to become addicted! Lol

Have fun, and be sure and come back to post some pictures when you are done.
1HappyNut
1HappyNut

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down