Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone have some blacklight inspiration?

3 posters

Go down

Does anyone have some blacklight inspiration? Empty Does anyone have some blacklight inspiration?

Post by freedspirit Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:10 pm

I have my first blacklight party..Ladies are wanting face,arms, chest and some legs done.I only have a rainbow cake so the party will be paying for the new stock I will have have to purchase, But it will be so handy to have them I'm sure. I am really looking forward to this one.
I love painting adults...Does any one have any tips on the use of Neons and what colours look best together...or whatever advice or pics you feel to share would be awesome...THANKS in advance. Laughing

Last edited by freedspirit on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:27 am; edited 2 times in total
freedspirit
freedspirit

Number of posts : 884
Registration date : 2011-03-03

http://www.facecreationz.net

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have some blacklight inspiration? Empty Re: Does anyone have some blacklight inspiration?

Post by ChaCha Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:39 pm

Wish I had some to share. I was just going to offer that there are blacklight glitters too and I would thing glitter tattoos would be a cool option? I would even think the paint with the lip stencil (for men) and playboy bunny stencil with paint would be a cool option......oooo if you have not gotten any of the bad naughty word stencils yet, they would be cool (and fast) options......especially the animal prints. I use them on young ladys where i use a split as the eyeshadow and then go over it with the stencil in black and random highlights in white....it looks great! Good luck!
ChaCha
ChaCha

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2010-09-02

http://www.EmbellishedFun.com

Back to top Go down

Does anyone have some blacklight inspiration? Empty Re: Does anyone have some blacklight inspiration?

Post by ChaCha Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:41 pm

loll! they auto replaced a$$ with (naughty word) he he he
ChaCha
ChaCha

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2010-09-02

http://www.EmbellishedFun.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tamarielpaints Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:43 pm

A few things to remember about neons -
in regular light the purple/green/pink/yellow/orange/blue come out sheer and gorgeous and in blacklight they POP.
In comparison, the blacklight white is barely visible in normal light. Will you be painting in normal light and then the ladies will be going to the area that has the blacklight? If yes, consider using regular black/white so that when they look in the mirror in normal light they don't go 'what am I supposed to be?!' If you will be painting in a club that has the blacklight, use the neon white b/c it is incredibly difficult to see otherwise and this way you'll see your work as you go.
Additionally, there are neon/blacklight glitters. If you are painting the ladies in someone's living room and they are travelling to the club, use holographic glitter and save the cash (personal opinion here). If you are in the club painting, spring for the blacklight glitter. That way you'll be able to see what you picked up easier (it's always pleasant to do the 'did I just grab the pink glitter for a blue dolphin? whoops' -routine)

Also, while neon rainbow/multi colored cakes are wonderful, consider going to basics with regular cakes and making your own color combos using the back of a sponge for things like butterflies. That being said, neon ABCs will make your life that much easier! Either spring for a premade, or cut some of your regular cake if you are the crafty type.
tamarielpaints
tamarielpaints

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://www.tamarielpaints.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freedspirit Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:51 am

Thank you..I just made my order and got all the colours but there was no white..nev mind. I will be painting them before they leave i hope they will email me some pic afterwards. I got the carnival split as well..ohh exciting stuff! Did'nt really want the xtra purchase just yet...but..just like a child...it feels like christmas again.haha...The clients I am doing are phillipino..they are so delightful and they just love being painted..It will be fun...Their husbands are being painted also. I fell a little stumped on what to give them,,but I have painted some of them as batman and all sorts of hero's before. I think they will just want to have some fun. I reckong doing a complete rainbow face and neck would look so awesome in black light....It would really stand out.
freedspirit
freedspirit

Back to top Go down

Post by freedspirit Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:53 am

Thanks Cha Cha.. I have bought a few naughty word stencils, Wink ,but I still dont use them much...Good thinking I have the snowflakes,,lacy stuff and some stars..So GrEAT idea..Thanks
freedspirit
freedspirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down