Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHRISTMAS SUPPLY ADVICE?

+4
Pilareta
anniel
helena
JJJJJ
8 posters

Go down

CHRISTMAS SUPPLY ADVICE? Empty CHRISTMAS SUPPLY ADVICE?

Post by JJJJJ Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi. I just got involved with a 16-day event (every Thursday through Sunday in December). Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still new to this world and I have to stock up for Christmas. Tonight. (THen I'm away all weekend and the fest starts next Tursday. Did I say "Agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????"

Oh, yes, ahem. I did say "Agh." Very Happy

What's your favorite supplies for Christmas? I'm planning on some cakes of red/green, and a blue/silver one for winter ice masks. How does the Snazaroo sparkle red do? Any other good sparkle colors/metallic brands? How are the Wolfe metallix? And, most importantly, can the metallics be used across the eyelids, etc.?

Any advice from the amazing pro's here?

And, did I say "Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnks"?

Yes! Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

CHRISTMAS SUPPLY ADVICE? Empty Re: CHRISTMAS SUPPLY ADVICE?

Post by helena Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Wow! Congratulations on your booking!

I've been playing around with my newer paints today and must say I love the tag pearl combo's - midnight sky combo and snowflake combo. The "silver bullet" by paradise is very cool as a background and hilights the white and black for detailing I use diamond fx for. I also like the silver and gold by diamond fx too.

The silver and gold glitter gels are great for adding depth/sparkle and 'jewels' and the Amerikan Body Art mica powders are lovely for a background (or over) shimmer too.

Have fun! cheers santa rendeer cheers

helena
helena

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2011-04-13

http://fancythatfacepainting.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:01 pm

I love Wolfe best of all, and especially their metallics. Kryolan for gold--the bronze (I thin that's what it's called is better/darker) but also the TAG Pearl White--want to try TAG pearl red, as it seems more true red than Wolfe...

I'd order the standard Holiday colors--red, white, green, gold, silver, black & blues...& glitter!!
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:26 am

Thanks, Helena and Anniel. I appreciate your advice so much. As a newcomer, it's really great to get help from people who've been doing it a long time. I checked out the stuff, and I love the midnight sky combo! Also, the mica powder is an awesome suggestion! And, I've been dying to try the Wolfe metallics, so now's the time! Surprised) Thank you both so much again. Have a great Thanksgiving Surprised)

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:25 am

Congrats on your booking! Hope everything go well and have very much fun!!! cheers
Pilareta
Pilareta

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:30 am

Oh, thank you so much, Pilareta! I'm nervous but happy. (But nervous Surprised)).

I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!

And Pilareta, since you're in Spain, I just wish you a very Happy Week!

Surprised) Joan

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks!! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, American FPers!! (Do Aussies celebrate Thanksgiving too? If so, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!) cheers
Pilareta
Pilareta

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:46 am

Congrats on what sounds like an awesome gig Smile

Grab a Fairy Dust glitter to make any color pop and sparkle Wink
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by *redStar* Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:48 am

I can feel your excitement over here. lol!
Congrats!
I agree with anniel, the wolfe metallics are great. Be careful with their blue though, it's an awesome colour but strong. It's easy to "overdose" it. (if that makes sense).
I find having a metallic white in my kit is always good because you can mix it with any non metallic colour to give it some sheen.
Oh, and you can always make your own splitcakes in case you can't find what you are looking for, though I have to admit, it took me quite a while until I started cutting up my cakes. (they just looked too pretty, Smile )

*redStar*
*redStar*

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.newskinbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:23 am

Light blue goes good with the dark to help prevent the overdose...also let the parents know to mush it all up with STRAIGHT baby shampoo before adding rinse water & it ALL comes off beautifully. After years of walking around with yucky fingernails half the time, I have just (duh!) discovered this...

Last edited by anniel on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat's FacesForFun Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Wow. I'm jealous of your gig!! I have something similar in October, and I'm missing it!! Good luck! Sounds like baptism by fire!
Kat's FacesForFun
Kat's FacesForFun

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2011-09-12

http://www.facepaintingkat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caswell Designs FP Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Since you asked about Snaz sparkle red, I thought I would chime in.
I have it and it is my go to red. A true red with nice sparkle to it.

My fave all around glitter is mystic by amerikan Body art. It looks good over just about everything, even though it is a light blue. I love it paired with pinks, purples and blues especially.

Congrats and have fun!
Caswell Designs FP
Caswell Designs FP

Number of posts : 584
Registration date : 2010-01-15

http://www.caswellfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:23 pm

Oh, thank you so much everybody. I just got back from a Thanksgiving trip, and now it's going to be BUSY Surprised).

CottonKandyClown, thanks for the suggestion of the Fairy Dust Glitter--I'll look into it. I can't get enough of glitter!

And redStar, thanks for the tip on getting a white metallic for mixing with other colors--that's such a great idea.

anniel-you cna't imagine how great it is to get that baby shampoo tip so early in my face painting adventure. the paint-under-the-nails thing is something i have noticed. i'll try your tip.

Kat-thanks. and "baptism by fire" is about right. also, baptism by cold, in December!

Liz-I'd heard similar raves about Snazaroo sparkle red, and I'm definitely going to order it. Thanks for confirming what I'd thought. And the Mystic glitter will be fun to try.

Many thanks, everyone. I really really appreciate all the input.

And just to add something to the conversation, the other night I painted my first Rudolph face, and I used the copper from Tag. It worked beautifully for this face design. I haven't figured out the way to post pictures here yet, but I will put up the little Rudolph when I do. With the red glitter nose and that shining copper color, and black antlers with gold Liquid Bling on them, it was really nice. My favorite of all the Christmas designs I've been trying. And the copper was just perfect for this one.

Have a great weekend!
Joan

JJJJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:33 pm

I have found that one of the easiest ways to post a pic here is to use a photobucket account. I just upload pics to it then resize to the size I need. Then I copy the URL used for forums, then paste. It's a lot easier Smile
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down