Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vacation destination ...?

+2
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
summers4seasons
6 posters

Go down

Vacation destination ...? Empty Vacation destination ...?

Post by summers4seasons Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Hello all you wonderful artists arround the world! This may be a total flop, but I wonder...

Every year we take a beach vacation in in January/February because I suffer from seasonal depression (my dr actually "prescribed" me an annual sunny vacation). Usually we go all-inclusive to Mexico but with the recent issues I'm not sure I want to take my kiddos this year. I was thinking maybe Key West. And drooling over Aruba, but man I would have to paint a LOT of faces for that! Wink

Does anybody have a favorite destination they want to share? Or those of you that live in vacation destinations, do you know of a nice rental cottage with a pool?

We LOVE traveling all inclusive because of the simplicity with the kids, but also love staying in condos or cottages with a kitchen. We must be able to walk to the beach. 3-4 adults 2 kids.

Whatcha think? Any personal recommendations?

Thanks to all!
Summer

summers4seasons
summers4seasons

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2011-07-30

Back to top Go down

Vacation destination ...? Empty Re: Vacation destination ...?

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:28 pm

I am NOT a beach person. Hate heat. Sunlight gives me a rash.

I'm into mouldy old castles, Roman ruins and site-seeing.

We used to cruise - have you considered that? The Caribbean cruises are nice (although our last one stopped on Grand Cayman a day when it was +42C... I almost died! cherry )

The Disney cruise line would be great with kids and I think they stop at a private island with beaches....

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:46 pm

I lovelovelove Mexico. I've been going there since I was a kid myself. I recently took my boyfriend to Mexico for the first time and he loved it too! Now he's caught the travel bug... Twisted Evil

We went to Tulum, and it was absolutely lovely. It's a quiet little beach town on the east side of Mexico, famous for the Tulum ruins. We stayed in a little hotel called the "Secret Garden", tucked away in the middle of town. The whole beach is also lined with hotels and cabanas which would be awesome, but it was slightly out of our budget. Anyway... it was an awesome trip. We did plenty of relaxing on the beach, swimming in BEAUTIFUL crystal clear cenotes (and swimming with wild sea turtles!!), and having some terrific food. I highly recommend it!

I also love Puerto Vallarta. Awesome food, entertainment, beaches... and it felt like a very safe, friendly community.

I wish I was in Mexico right now. Crying or Very sad

PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by summers4seasons Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:25 am

Thanks guys!!

Shannon: We have cruised before but find it's difficult with our little ones because they are used to going to bed at 7:30. We ended up eating at the snack bar most of the time because they were too tired to make it through a formal dinner at 6 and the buffets were always crazy busy. Plus nothing beats the laid back attitude of a Mexican all-inclusive IMO. Smile I can't imagine being sun intolerant!!! It would literally make me CRAZY. Hahaha!

PerfectlyPainted: I too LOVE MX!!! We have been to San Jose Del Cabo, Playa Del Carmen, Cancun, and Cozumel. We are very very fortunate that my sister owns a membership in a vaction club that we can use. If we go to one of their resorts we get a super discount. Last year we had 2 adjoining rooms at one of their "lesser" resorts in Cozumel. The food wasn't very good (except the fresh fruit and salsa I lived on), but the beach was stunning and only 100 yards away. But the best part was that we took the 5 of us (my family of 4 plus my sister)all-inclusive for a week for $1200 plus air. I adore MX. But have been concerned about the increasing violence lately. And last year we had a lady try to walk away with our daughter at the airport. I know it could have happened anywhere, but it was quite upsetting. Luckily, we are very vigilant parents. I was talking to my husband about customs so I wasn't looking at her, but she was right at my side. This lady walked by, barely even paused as she held out her hand and very seriously said, "ohhh beautiful baby, come with me." Needless to say no harm done, and really could have happened anywhere. We will go back, but have been thinking about maybe going someplace else this year. There are club resorts in Dominican Republic, Aruba, Costa Rica, and Columbia (ha! that one's not happening:). But airfare is a real killer.

I love love love love the beach. We live in the wrong state. Maybe even the wrong hemisphere.
summers4seasons
summers4seasons

Back to top Go down

Post by summers4seasons Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:49 am

Vacation destination ...? E8e58aaa
Cozumel in February.
summers4seasons
summers4seasons

Back to top Go down

Post by PerfectlyPaintedFaces Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:35 am

Cozumel is awesome too! I went with my parents when I was around 15 and the snorkeling was amazing. You step into the water and BAM, coral reefs! It was lovely. I haven't found anywhere else with such good snorkeling since.
PerfectlyPaintedFaces
PerfectlyPaintedFaces

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2011-11-03

http://www.perfectlypaintedfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fezinafelina Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:04 pm

Well I live in Key West and I know a few cheap places you could rent, the little resort right outside of the military base where I live is called Ibis Bay and they have the cheapest rates on the island, they have a private beach, a pool, an restaurant and bar and jetski rentals all right there on property. The island is 2X4 miles so you can walk or bike just about anywhere you go. Plenty of things to do as a family for a week long stay like fishing, boating, the treasure/wrecking museums, the butterfly gardens, 3 different civil war and spanish forts, eco tours, etc. I'm not jazzed about living here (it gets boring beyond 2 weeks lol) but it was our annual family vacation spot for years before we were stationed here.
I'd be happy to help you plan for your trip if you decide to come to the Keys, it's nothing for me to scope out a vacation house for rent to make sure it is what they say it is:)
OH! And just up the keys in big pine is Bahia Honda State Park, the beaches are AMAZING and the little catamaran there takes you out to a protected marine sanctuary called Looe Key for snorkeling, it is the best snorkeling spot in the continental US.

fezinafelina

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2011-07-21

https://www.facebook.com/facepaintingbyfelina

Back to top Go down

Post by HillbillyDiva1 Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:01 am

Traveling is hard for us because my Mother lives with us and she is on oxygen 24/7 also living in a tourist area kinda takes the fun out of it.
HillbillyDiva1
HillbillyDiva1

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2011-09-04

http://www.gandgfaceandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:28 am

I will recommend CARTAGENA, COLOMBIA, they have all inclusive plans and the city and beaches are beautiful but the sand is dark, if you want something like MEXICO but cheaper I will suggest SAN ANDRES colombia also DECAMERON hotels have all inclusive its a caribbean island the ocean its blue and clear and the beach is white, it is safe, beautiful and cheap, I have been it a lot of beaches around Florida, The caribbean and now here in Europe and San Andres still my very favorite.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by summers4seasons Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:37 am

Felina: You are so very generous! Ibis Bay looks very nice. Is the weather/water still warm enough for the beach to be comfortable in early January?

HillyBillyDiva: I can see where that would be tricky. I love beautiful Branson! Well, except the traffic. We are only 5 hours north of you. We did a motorcycle trip down there for our honeymoon. Motorcycles in Branson will never happen again. Wink But we just took our kids down this summer and they are still talking about Dixie Stampede and the Butterfly Palace.

artyfacesbyluz: I had just made the assumption that columbia was still unsafe. I guess we all know about assumptions. Wink I have never been to a dark sand beach. The club resort is in Cartagena, Occidental Grand. I will have to check out into it. Thank you!
summers4seasons
summers4seasons

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:55 am

My town is a typical Spanish vacational destination (Mediterranean Coast). We live from tourism and the weather is wonderful, always hot and sunny... EXCEPT from January to March Cool It's really cold here then (Well, not REALLY COLD, but we're not accustomed to low temperatures and we are cold when the thermometer reads 10 ºC. sunny ). But if you decide to come at another time of year I'll be happy to find a nice and cheap place for you to stay!
(And I can understand you about sun and beaches: I think I'd die if I live in a cold rainy place!!)
Pilareta
Pilareta

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by summers4seasons Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:23 am

ok, so Columbia is out. Airfare is $1800 per person, we have 5-6. OUCH!

Pilaret, Benidorm looks beautiful!!!! Thank you so much for the offer!

summers4seasons
summers4seasons

Back to top Go down

Post by fezinafelina Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:28 am

It's iffy in January. We have about 2-3 weeks worth of cold scattered around Dec, Jan and Feb and the rest of that time it says around 75/80 degrees. If you happen to be here when the cold front comes through then swimming and snorkeling may not be too comfortable but you can fish and sun on the beach year round.

fezinafelina

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2011-07-21

https://www.facebook.com/facepaintingbyfelina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down