Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List of Designs

+14
Fabtastic
Laurie Shoultz
anniel
elantaura
Rae
MelodyFPL
DiamondDrea
wmeventservices
Geekophile
Who B What E
Manja
HillbillyDiva1
Kat's FacesForFun
gorjessfaces
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

List of Designs - Page 2 Empty Re: List of Designs

Post by MelodyFPL Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Batman
Joker
Shooting Star
Owl mask
Penguin Mask
Crested Penguin Mask (yes only I would have two different penguins)
Green Lantern
Moon and stars
Dolphin (did someone already say that one?)
Car
Dalmation
Husky
um.....
Arabian princess
Painted jewelry
Devil

Last edited by thefacepaintlady on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
MelodyFPL
MelodyFPL

Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2011-07-02

http://www.nyfacepaintlady.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gorjessfaces Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:12 pm

the list could go on forever!! haha i love it
gorjessfaces
gorjessfaces

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2011-09-06

http://www.gorjessfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Manja Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:27 pm

Here they are so far, in alphabetical order:

alien
alligator
angel
angry birds
Arabian princess
Batman
bear
bee
Ben 10
Bindi
bird
Bling Mask
Bull
bunny rabbit
butterfly
Car
cheetah
Cherry Blossom Branches
clown
cow
Crested Penguin Mask
crocodile
cyborg/robot
Dalmation
Devil
Dinosaur
Dolphin
dragon
Evil clown
fairy
Flames
flowers
Forehead Jewelry
frankenstein
garland (floral or leafy, with or w/o ladybugs or butterflies with or w/o ribbon)
Glamour Eyes
Green Lantern
hearts
hero mask
horse
Hulk
Husky
Joker
kitten
Knight
ladybug
Leaves/Vines with swirls & curls
leopard
Lion
mardi gras mask
mermaid
Monkey
monster
Moon and stars
moose
Necklace
Ninja Turtle
Owl mask
painted jewelry
peacock
penguin
pirate
Pokemon
pony
princess
puppy
rainbow
roses
scorpion
shark
Shooting Star
Skull
snake
Spiderman
stars
sugar skull
tiger
Transformer
Tree of Life (teens love this when the roots swirl into the shape of a peace sign)
Tribals
Tropical - Palm Trees - Sunset
unicorn
wolf
Zombie

84 and counting! This is really neat! Cut and paste, then insert whatever designs you have to add to the list.

I'm keeping the list in an excel document so I have something concrete to focus on while I practice each day. THANKS for starting this thread.

Last edited by Manja on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted duplicate text & added new text)
Manja
Manja

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2011-06-25

http://www.shiningfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gorjessfaces Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:56 pm

ohhh WOW you are too good!!! thankyou so much for doing that! its awesome. theres so many awesome designs to be done!
cheers
gorjessfaces
gorjessfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by gorjessfaces Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:24 am

fireworks
witch
gorjessfaces
gorjessfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:04 am

hahaha that's one hell long list!! Are you seriously gunna take it on? Better get crackin!

Someone mentioned a bull.....I've got a bull in my gallery if your interested.
Rae
Rae

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2011-02-09

http://www.raesfx.com

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:15 am

Frog - I have been asked for a couple of times and if your game an
echidna only ever asked for once
elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

List of Designs - Page 2 Empty How to save design photos

Post by Who B What E Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:51 am

So, since I'm new...how do I save photos of the ideas and designs on your list you are making? Is there a way to make a "favorites" page?
Who B What E
Who B What E

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-10-23

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Smiley-Faces-by-Jo/27768237893

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:10 pm

elf
Santa
Venom
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodyFPL Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:06 pm

whobwhate wrote:So, since I'm new...how do I save photos of the ideas and designs on your list you are making? Is there a way to make a "favorites" page?

copy and paste to a blank doc
MelodyFPL
MelodyFPL

Back to top Go down

Post by Manja Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Updated (year-round) list, minus obvious holiday specific designs:

alien
alligator
angel
angry birds
Arabian princess
Batman
bear
bee
Ben 10
Bindi
bird
Bling Mask
Bull
bunny rabbit
butterfly
Car
cheetah
Cherry Blossom Branches
clown
cow
Crested Penguin Mask
crocodile
cyborg/robot
Dalmation
Devil
Dinosaur
Dolphin
dragon
dragonfly
Evil clown
fairy
fireworks
Flames
flowers
Forehead Jewelry
frankenstein
frog
garland (floral or leafy, with or w/o ladybugs or butterflies with or w/o ribbon)
Glamour Eyes
Green Lantern
hearts
hero mask
horse
Hulk
Husky
Joker
kitten
Knight
ladybug
Leaves/Vines with swirls & curls
leopard
Lion
lizard
mardi gras mask
mermaid
Monkey
monster
Moon and stars
moose
Necklace
Ninja Turtle
Owl mask
painted jewelry
peacock
penguin
pirate
Pokemon
pony
prince
princess
puppy
rainbow
roses
scorpion
shark
Shooting Star
Skull
snake
Spiderman
stars
sugar skull
tiger
Transformer
Tree of Life (teens love this when the roots swirl into the shape of a peace sign)
Tribals
Tropical - Palm Trees - Sunset
unicorn
witch
wolf
Zombie

We're up to 90 so far Exclamation
Manja
Manja

Back to top Go down

Post by Manja Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Rae wrote:hahaha that's one hell long list!! Are you seriously gunna take it on? Better get crackin!

Someone mentioned a bull.....I've got a bull in my gallery if your interested.

Thanks, Rae! It's perfect! And yes - I'm going to take on most of that list. I'll eliminate a few, but I really need to get a LOT of new pics of my work for an updated menu board/portfolio/website/etc.

I don't have access to a bunch of kids (models) like I used to, so it's hard to get fresh pics for my portfolio/gallery. I never remember to ask to take pics as I'm working!! I have my camera with me all the time, but I just get so busy and distracted I don't even think about it 99% of the time.

Besides - there's the whole "release" thing, in using kids' pics for promo purposes. I saw a face painter's set up once where she had a sign posted in her station at all times that read something like, "PHOTOGRAPHY RELEASE AGREEMENT: When you give me permission to paint your child, you are giving me full rights to use my artwork for promotional purposes."

Can't remember her exact wording, but it was along those lines. She had it posted right near the chair and the chair was set up with a black backdrop for her photo shoots. She said she took a picture of every single design she did!

That would be a good habit for me to get into. Then I could see what I'd do differently next time and always have plenty of fresh pics to use for my promotional purposes!

Eh, hem. Now to get that put into action.
Manja
Manja

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurie Shoultz Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Love the rainbow tiger.

I just tried the scorpion. so awesome. I had always done the Pasher one that LisaJoy did a tutorial on, but this is so much faster. Thanks a bunch

and Whitney as always you are amazing, your line work and details Shocked amazing.

This was a great idea.

Laurie
Laurie Shoultz
Laurie Shoultz

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodyFPL Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Besides - there's the whole "release" thing, in using kids' pics for promo purposes. I saw a face painter's set up once where she had a sign posted in her station at all times that read something like, "PHOTOGRAPHY RELEASE AGREEMENT: When you give me permission to paint your child, you are giving me full rights to use my artwork for promotional purposes."

Thats an ok idea and all, but it won't protect her if she posts a kid on her website and her parents try to sue. You HAVE to have that signed piece of paper.
MelodyFPL
MelodyFPL

Back to top Go down

Post by Manja Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:51 pm

Thats an ok idea and all, but it won't protect her if she posts a kid on her website and her parents try to sue. You HAVE to have that signed piece of paper.

I hear what you're saying and I understand that you want to have your bases covered "just in case". I've always wondered if anyone (face painter) has actually had anyone sue them for using their kids' photo? I don't mean, "threaten to sue", but actually taken them to court.

Just wondering.
Manja
Manja

Back to top Go down

Post by Manja Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:13 pm

I'm not going to put anyone's picture on a permanent fixture that I'm not confident about having permission to use, such as a business card, flyer, brochure, banner, etc. I will use my own kids, grandkids, or models that I've paid and/or have a signed release form from. However, the menu boards and website are a different story. If ever a parent complained, it's easy enough to remedy, right? I see community websites with pictures of kids involved in all sorts of activities promoting their event or venue. Fairs, markets, museums, restaurants, schools, dance studios, sports events, etc. And I see random photographers posting pictures of random people all over the internet.

"May I take your picture?" or "May I take your child's picture?" As a facepainter, if I ask to take a child's picture, what do they think I'll be using it for? My own personal scrapbook?

Or if I have a photo shoot chair set up and a sign that says you're giving me permission to photograph and use the photo when you allow your child to get painted by me, then??? what ??? could be their grounds to sue me, UNLESS they specifically say, "Please don't take my child's picture" or "Don't use that picture in any public format" or whatever. Then I just would delete the picture so I wouldn't ever mistakenly use it.

Correct me if I'm being too lax. But I don't see a real risk of a judge actually awarding a parent a lawsuit against me under those circumstances. I could be wrong and I just realized that this is the wrong thread for this discussion. LOL! (sorry)

Manja
Manja

Back to top Go down

Post by MelodyFPL Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Manja wrote:I'm not going to put anyone's picture on a permanent fixture that I'm not confident about having permission to use, such as a business card, flyer, brochure, banner, etc. I will use my own kids, grandkids, or models that I've paid and/or have a signed release form from. However, the menu boards and website are a different story. If ever a parent complained, it's easy enough to remedy, right? I see community websites with pictures of kids involved in all sorts of activities promoting their event or venue. Fairs, markets, museums, restaurants, schools, dance studios, sports events, etc. And I see random photographers posting pictures of random people all over the internet.

"May I take your picture?" or "May I take your child's picture?" As a facepainter, if I ask to take a child's picture, what do they think I'll be using it for? My own personal scrapbook?

Or if I have a photo shoot chair set up and a sign that says you're giving me permission to photograph and use the photo when you allow your child to get painted by me, then??? what ??? could be their grounds to sue me, UNLESS they specifically say, "Please don't take my child's picture" or "Don't use that picture in any public format" or whatever. Then I just would delete the picture so I wouldn't ever mistakenly use it.

Correct me if I'm being too lax. But I don't see a real risk of a judge actually awarding a parent a lawsuit against me under those circumstances. I could be wrong and I just realized that this is the wrong thread for this discussion. LOL! (sorry)

I gotta say I LOLed at this part- "As a facepainter, if I ask to take a child's picture, what do they think I'll be using it for? My own personal scrapbook?"
No you are totally right, and making perfect sense. I am just super paranoid because America is so ridiculously sue-happy it's unbelievable! I had a man filling out the photo form for his daughter at a fair this last summer and as he was filling it out he asked "so how much do we get?"... at first I thought he was joking until I looked at him. He was totally serious! People are just crazy, especially about their kids, and in my personal opnion, it's better to be safe. Yeah, maybe nothing will happen and no, ou probably won't be taken to court. I personally don't process stress very well and don't want to deal with any crap, so I use a photo release. That's just me though.
I have a disclaimer that says my alloweing your child to be painted by me, you agree that I am not liable for any allergic reactions, so it's pretty much the same as what you are doing. So yeah, you are probably right. Don't forget that I am a little crazy. LOL
MelodyFPL
MelodyFPL

Back to top Go down

Post by gorjessfaces Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:22 pm

something that i do manja is facepainting/photography party packs! it works 100%. never had any complaints. most of the time the mums and dads are to busy entertaing and running the games that they get no photos, i have a professional slr camera and i paint faces when i get there then take photography afterwards. 95% of the time they hires me for both and not just one. so i get extra cash too! i then provide full edited images on a disc to the parent. becasue i am hired to get photos i dont feel outta place running around after the kids getting just the perfect pic! and i get to use them for my use too. its a win win!

Also i attemped 2 items on the list last night. i got a new split cake i wanted to use badley so i done a butterfly with that one and i done a puppy. getting my laptop back tonight so ill upload the photos Smile
gorjessfaces
gorjessfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by gorjessfaces Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:02 pm

whobwhate wrote:So, since I'm new...how do I save photos of the ideas and designs on your list you are making? Is there a way to make a "favorites" page?

I just find images that i like then copy and paste them into personal folders on my computer. obviously there are some you cant have becasue they have been copy writed so you are un able to use them. but a majority of them you can. i have folders for every design then come up with my own design using that inspiration Smile
gorjessfaces
gorjessfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:35 pm

I just don't take photos. Never take my camera except when working an event with an assistant. Then they are responsible for scouting out good models in the line, getting the parents to sign the release and then taking photos while the painting is going on so I have working shots as well as final shot of the whole design.

I only have photos that I can use. No point in having ones I can't use.

And, I also have a folder where I save images I want to refer to later - I generally put them in a word doc and label to source and not save as an image file. Then there is no chance of forgetting where it came from. I like to print and store in my idea binders... I like being hands on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabtastic Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Manja wrote:
I hear what you're saying and I understand that you want to have your bases covered "just in case". I've always wondered if anyone (face painter) has actually had anyone sue them for using their kids' photo? I don't mean, "threaten to sue", but actually taken them to court.

I don't know all the details and I'll probably get the story all mixed up so I apologize if I do, but I remember reading something about a painter who had a picture featured in a magazine (book? I forget), and the parents of the painted child felt they should have gotten some money for it. I think it went beyond just threatening to sue but I'm not sure and I don't know how it ended up or anything... but it does make a good case for getting signed release forms. My form is really super simple but I hardly ever get a chance to take pictures anyway.

By the way, that's a very inspiring list! A bit daunting. affraid
Fabtastic
Fabtastic

Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.fabtastic.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Marcela Murad painted a woman, the photo was chosen as the cover of the second Illusion and Friends book, the woman's husband then decided they deserved payment if his wife's photo was going to be on the cover of a book, Marcela then repainted the design on a different model to use...

Back to top Go down

Post by Who B What E Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:15 pm

thefacepaintlady wrote:

copy and paste to a blank doc

Thanks, I was just saving them in "my picures" on my computer to refer to when I need inspiration, I will try your suggestion. So many great ideas here!
Who B What E
Who B What E

Back to top Go down

Post by Who B What E Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:20 pm

I didn't come up with this design, I saw it online

List of Designs - Page 2 Dscn3010
Who B What E
Who B What E

Back to top Go down

Post by gorjessfaces Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:45 pm

cutest clown EVER!!!

rae mentioned today that i was in becstar anthonys little booklet she was handing out for her workshops, im also on her webpage. she never asked me if it was ok. does that mean i can sue her??
ummmmm NOWAY! honestly im flattered!
gorjessfaces
gorjessfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next