Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal hand washing station????

3 posters

Go down

Personal hand washing station???? Empty Personal hand washing station????

Post by Criss Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:31 am

I just confirmed an upcoming gig, that was booked months ago, and the proprietor inquired about supplying my own personal hand washing station. They stated that they had been informed that it was necessary for me to provide my own hand washing station and not just jugs of water. Now I know that regulations in Alberta are very strict for hygiene purposes, even the snazaroo site has mentioned it, but I have never heard of this before. Any other Alberta painters know anything about it????????

I am in my last year of nursing, so I fully understand the need for hygiene, but even at the hospitals we are taught that hand sanitizers are sufficient for hand washing. Unless the hands are visibily dirty or have been in contact/contaminated with bodily fluids, in which case they require a wash to remove the visible dirt. I carry my own baby wipes to every gig, not for the kids, and have 3 or more bottles of sanitizers with me at all times, which I use diligently after/during each child.

Anyone have any ideas????????
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Personal hand washing station???? Empty Re: Personal hand washing station????

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:37 pm

Are you in Calgary??? Here are the regs:

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/publichealth/envhealth/program_areas/special_events/documents/Requirements_for_Personal_Services_at_Special_Events_&_Trade_Shows_2007.pdf

Oh, just read your profile - you're in Lethbridge... all I can say is ... affraid OMG... it is spreading!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:10 pm

Shannon, seriously what a pain in the naughty word! I've read this a thousand times but never thought the hand wash station applied to us??? Piercing, tattoos, permanent makeup, DEFINATELY!

What's your interpretation??

Oh ya, and this bit "Test strips to test sanitizer concentration must be on site" I have never even seen such a thing??? I did two practicums within local hospitals last year and this, have you heard of it?
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:08 am

I use 70% isopropyl... and luckily our local regs do not require the handwash station.

Liz Small would know more about how it is applied as she is in Calgary. She's on here I think... You out there Lizzie??

Back to top Go down

Post by Judy Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:43 am

Hi Criss,

I'm a newbie to face painting but am from the Lethbridge area as well. I'm not sure how the regulations are working now that the Alberta regions have amalgamated.... almost scared to ask.

Wonder if disposeable gloves would be an alternative for you... it would beat having to drag 'everything and the kitchen sink', literally, around!!

Just a thought and hope to meet you in person some day..

Judy
Judy
Judy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-08-01

http://www.facefx.info

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:28 pm

But then you would have to change them for every kid?
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2008-10-04

http://www.lone-wolf.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:01 pm

LoneWolf wrote:But then you would have to change them for every kid?

Probably. I started carrying around a stash of gloves in my kit this spring. With H1N1 flu I wasn't sure if some gigs were going to turn paranoid so I figured having the gloves handy would be a good idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolf Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:03 pm

Shannon, did you use them yet? Think I would care to much for the environment to use a lot *lol*
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2008-10-04

http://www.lone-wolf.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:21 pm

No, haven't used them at all. I use lots of wipes though, always have.

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:48 pm

Shannon, I thought about the gloves as well, I always carry a few with me, but not for painting. Good idea about Lizzie, think I might give her a call tomorrow, at a wedding all day today.

I don't know what to say bout the hand wash stations, i'm going to contact some of my instructors and see if they know anything about it. I'll keep ya posted.

Judy, btw i'm sorry I haven't answered your email yet and yes i look forward to meeting you as well. I am in the wedding this weekend so I have been uber busy with that. Smile
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:01 am

I talked with a friend of mine tonight, who is a body piercer, and he said it was now standard to have the hand washing stations for him, but for a face painter it wouldn't be worth the gig. He said the cost of the temporary stations run at around $300.00. I also asked him about the concentration of sanitizer, he said it had to be a minimum of 75%. He's known business who have had to replace, at their own cost, all of their sanitizer because it was only 67.4%. As for the sanitizer testing strips, he's never heard of them either.

I will keep looking
Criss
Criss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down