Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting at a club Friday Night

3 posters

Go down

Painting at a club Friday Night  Empty Painting at a club Friday Night

Post by shandi Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:31 pm

got a gig at a pretty popular Country western bar for their Friday night Halloween party. I need to come up with a smallish selection menu board and come up with some things that the ladies will want and love and a few things for the guys. I have some ideas...just have to get the board made and figure out how to display it. I'll have a small space and low light.
Do you all think I should bring the glitter tatts? a small selection of the ones popular with adults?
Worried and a bit nervous...this is a huge gig and a chance for me to shine and I want to WOW the owner.
Post any ideas you might have please Smile
shandi
shandi

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://facepaintingbyshandi.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Painting at a club Friday Night  Empty Re: Painting at a club Friday Night

Post by Ester K-D Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:03 pm

I hope you will post some of the designs you come up with too...the only 'adult thing' I've ever done is a bridal shower (sure was fun!) and my ideas for that wouldn't work for you. You may find it hard with the low light - I know that many hardware, DIY, bike shops sell a head band with a light on the front. I know you don't want to blind anyone either...don't know if the bulbs come in different 'strengths'...in a darker environment the designs will look better anyway (itty bitty boo boos don't stand out!) ...but you yourself want to be able to show the quality of your work (and see what you are doing) you don't want anyone to freak out when they go to the (well lit) toilets! Smile

Ester K-D

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Frankly at clubs you don't need a design board. Go painted yourself with something the ladies will like, lots of bling, paint the staff to start with, all different. People at clubs either want to match their clothing or have completely out-there request.

Back to top Go down

Post by SpinningStardust Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi guys!

I saw Cats link about clubs and quite frankly I am terrified now! :'(

I just feel going to get exposed flesh drunk people, knocked drinks on my stock and sworn at etc...

SpinningStardust

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:03 pm

I'll be painting at a club this Friday... Drunks tip. Just be ready to move out of the way fast, make sure to keep your stuff as compact as possible and easy to snatch up if some idiot falls on or knocks over your table.

I've been hired by the college student assoc to paint only zombies at a Post-Apocalyptic Zombie party at the student lounge - they are expected 600 people... And college kids can get pretty drunk.

Make friends with the bouncers and staff... ask the bouncers if they could check on you every 15 -30 minutes to see if you're doing okay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down