Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you use skin coloured paint for?

+16
saloner
MeeMee
elantaura
ChangingFaceDesigns
Arty-Farty Party
Tash
Criss
Beyond Visuals
SuzySparkles
anniel
Denise Cold
Amy Moon
debranewmanart
michellesfantasyfaces
Kumi's Magical Brush
amy from the ville
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What do you use skin coloured paint for? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you use skin coloured paint for?

Post by anniel Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:37 pm

I am so sorry, MeeMee--Guess we just have an exceptional family---and I get called Cracker...I really did not mean to be offensive at all. You're so right. This is a large forum and not everybody is so close as to understand...Please forgive me.
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

What do you use skin coloured paint for? - Page 2 Empty Re: What do you use skin coloured paint for?

Post by amy from the ville Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:17 pm

I feel bad for starting this thread now.

Did not mean for it to turn into a race thing. Just wanted to know about paint!

Thanks for those who helped out with this. I have always wondered what to do when the really dark aboriginal children ask for a brown dog. I usually talk them into another colour because i know the brown wouldnt show up
amy from the ville
amy from the ville

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by MeeMee Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Of course I forgive you, Anniel. You are my sister in art. Your family have a special bond. It is the bond called Love. When a group is connected by a common bond they can say certain things or use certain words that others outside of that bond can not. Now lets get back to what bonds us together, our love for the beautiful art of face painting.
MeeMee
MeeMee

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.specialtimesentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post by saloner Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:16 pm

It wasn't racist, Justine.....I hate it when people ride that train.
I really liked the werewolf Suzie, it turned out very nice, did he like it?
I think darker toned skin is difficult to paint. When I pick a color that I think will be pretty.....it isn't. Sometimes even the neon colors look too extreme for some darker skins. Anyone have the same trouble as me? Either the colors are too dark or they somehow make the skin look fake. I wish someone would do a utube on how to paint pretty designs on darker skin tones, I for one would take notes.
saloner
saloner

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-04-18

https://www.facebook.com/facepaintnmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by amy from the ville Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:25 pm

On girls i really like pearl colours, as long as the colours are really bright, like not watered down at all if that makes sense. makes the face shine!
amy from the ville
amy from the ville

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:59 am

Wow! This thread went odd and a bit out dated with white and black comments...really we are all a rainbow of beautiful beige and browns Smile

Just wanted to say that I purchased the skin color TAG and got it this week. I'm going to use it for a big zombie gig for my husbands department at the hospital Smile

I tried using a light brown on a tan caucasian and it didn't show up Sad This split is going to help me out with this kind of situation in the future! Yay!!!

CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:46 pm

I use the skin tones for all sorts of things, from fur, to zombies & vampires. It can be used in theatrical for evening out skin tones or covering up tattoos.

On a side note, last weekend I had a little boy w/ very dark skin in a vampire costume sit in my chair & say, "I want to be painted all white!" I asked if he wanted to look like a vampire & he said yes. I then asked if he wanted to look like a "real' vampire or a "fake" one since White would make him look very fake. he said real. I used my tag flesh tones & paradise dark brown w/ some grey & black & made him look like a creepy vampire, but a dark skinned undead. he was so thrilled Very Happy
I love all these colors & use them a lot!
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Just used the TAG skin tone for a mummy Smile
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 pm

Oh, Linda, I'd love to see your dark skinned vampire! Did you get a pic? bounce
Pilareta
Pilareta

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Here is a skin tone split doggy... not my best work because there were a lot of kids in a short amount of time... but here it is none-the-less....

What do you use skin coloured paint for? - Page 2 29634310
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by anniel Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:55 pm

I used it for doll/broken doll faces all Halloween season.
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:31 am

Pilareta wrote:Oh, Linda, I'd love to see your dark skinned vampire! Did you get a pic? bounce

No, I didn't get a pic Sad I was in marathon painting mode & he was gone before I could get the shot. I need to be better w/ this 'cause even when parents do send me photos they often are taken poorly & I can't use them.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by JENDZS Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:58 am

Ok - you all have convinced me to get some skin-colored paint after seeing how I can use it! Thanks for the thread!
JENDZS
JENDZS

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-11-15

http://www.facepaintingbyjen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2