Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total SCORE at Michaels today

4 posters

Go down

Total SCORE at Michaels today Empty Total SCORE at Michaels today

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:42 pm

I have successfully cleaned out or pretty much cleaned out 2 of the Michaels in my area of their Mark richards Bling crystal stickers. They have been reduced to .99 cents and I had a 30% off entire purchase coupon. These are the more expensive stickers not the kiddie looking ones although I have some of those too for the younger children.

My fancy bling masks have been selling very nicely. I don't to the bling upcharge as it is already factored into my pricing. My fancier bling masks start at $12 and go up from there. I especially love the crystal designs that are open in the center so I can place a large gem in the middle which really takes it over the top looking exactly like the ones Marcela uses. I am fully stocked thanks to my coupon which brought the cost of them from originally $2.99 or $3.49 a piece down to what I paid today .70 cents a piece. I have gotten alot of requests for these from clients for upcoming halloween parties

I find that by adding a little latex free eyelash adhesive and I mean just a dab they adhere really great even on top of the paint.

I tell you if I had another Michael's in close proximity I would clean them out too. lololol

Oh and it pays to be friendly with the store staff because technically this particular coupon was not to used on clearanced items, but she went ahead and did a manual price override because I do shop there often.
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Total SCORE at Michaels today Empty Re: Total SCORE at Michaels today

Post by DiamondDrea Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Wow that is awesome! I have been wanting to experiment with gems and jewels but i cant figure out how to place the "bling"
DiamondDrea
DiamondDrea

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:44 pm

There are soo many great examples out there to look at for reference. There are at least 2 or 3 threads on here about it with some examples posted by other FP members.
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurie Shoultz Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:07 am

I love this idea, I am just curious about the adhesive that is already on the crystals. Is it latex free? What happens to people if they have a latex allergy.
I really want to use these beautiful designs and I have been checking them out. I'm just nervous about repercussions from allergy's, both for my customer and myself
Laurie Shoultz
Laurie Shoultz

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi from Tazzie Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:50 pm

SCORE!!!!!! yay Tamara the bling bling queen Laughing
Mandi from Tazzie
Mandi from Tazzie

Number of posts : 1826
Registration date : 2010-04-03