Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full body glitter tatt, technically...

+6
Pilareta
michellesfantasyfaces
OtterGirl
CottonKandyClown
Peachymango
Manabanana
10 posters

Go down

Full body glitter tatt, technically... Empty Full body glitter tatt, technically...

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:49 am

This is what I did today. Everything you see I created (except for the people, their parent's did that...)

Full body glitter tatt, technically... Dsc06655

More details on my blog.

Back to top Go down

Full body glitter tatt, technically... Empty Re: Full body glitter tatt, technically...

Post by Manabanana Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:20 am

you didnt create the people? Very Happy
Manabanana
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Full body glitter tatt, technically... Empty Re: Full body glitter tatt, technically...

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:22 am

No. I don`t do THAT! I leave the reproducing to others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachymango Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:40 am

Congratulations. Left a comment on your blog
Peachymango
Peachymango

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2010-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:00 am

fabulous job Shannon!
Manabanana
Manabanana

Back to top Go down

Post by CottonKandyClown Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:15 am

The first thing I did this morning was read your blog Smile Great job! Love it!!!
CottonKandyClown
CottonKandyClown

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by OtterGirl Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:14 am

I showed your blog entry to my hubby. We were both blown away.
OtterGirl
OtterGirl

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2011-08-26

http://thepaintedotter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by michellesfantasyfaces Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:36 am

awesome!
michellesfantasyfaces
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:41 am

I read your blog and I was in awe. Did you do the necklaces, bracelets, clothes...? Oh, man, you're amazing!!! Very Happy
Pilareta
Pilareta

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rae Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:04 am

I second that, you are amazing.
Rae
Rae

Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2011-02-09

http://www.raesfx.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:42 am

Pilareta wrote:I read your blog and I was in awe. Did you do the necklaces, bracelets, clothes...? Very Happy

Yep, all of it was latex and glitter - the dress, the jewellry. Her skin tone was changed with pancake make-up (body paint).

It was a big project - the bodyguard's costume was a lot of labour too as I hand stitched it (used an old blue sheet!) and made all the accessories that he wore/carried.

Used duct tape, fun foam, ribbon, fabric paint, acrylic craft paint, white glue, contact cement, TONS of glitter, turquoise beads, pipe cleaners...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks all, I am VERY proud of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by CATZ Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:37 pm

That's awesome Shannon!

Were her boobs taped up before you painted, or does the latex give her support...or is she just that perfect? If so, gotta hate her! LOL

That must have been tough getting those rectangles so crisp! What did you use to adhere the glitter on her eyes?

What did she say about taking it off?

Seriously great job. Thanks for sharing Very Happy
CATZ
CATZ

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-10-04

http://www.CATZfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Okay... boobs. Natural DD, but she's a mom, so, there are bra cups there for support... we started off with her wearing the bra with the straps shortened a lot, I painted the cups and the bra around her with several layers of latex, when it was dry we cut off the straps. It held!

The eyes. I did the eye shadow with Fardel Cream turqoise, and then just applied the glitter to it directly. Stayed there all day. The eyeliner is Wolfe black.

Masking tape used for straight lines... just like painting a wall Wink but curvier.

As for getting it off... Amy said she basically peeled it down her body. Said she no longer has any peach fuzz on her butt. Rolling Eyes She was prepped well - exfoliated and shaved as she had been warned...

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:53 pm

butt fuzz...... lol
Manabanana
Manabanana

Back to top Go down

Post by CATZ Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:45 am

Very inventive! Great tips, thanks!

I just had my arm pits 'sugared'...hope your friend's butt didn't hurt as much as that! lol!
CATZ
CATZ

Number of posts : 887
Registration date : 2009-10-04

http://www.CATZfaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Beautiful Shannon! How well does the latex hold? Will it split? I may need some for a glitter body paint thing & I'm checking out my options.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Criss Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:20 pm

Great job Shannon!
Criss
Criss

Number of posts : 906
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Psalmbook wrote:Beautiful Shannon! How well does the latex hold? Will it split? I may need some for a glitter body paint thing & I'm checking out my options.

Split? No, not if you have many coats. As we had fabric under it at key locations there wasn't any lifting that caused any issues. We started application to the bra at 8 a.m. and Amy probably was getting it off herself around 8:30 p.m.

I did some touch up around the side edges of the bra cups between shows - more latex and glittler, as due to movement they were pulling away a bit (no danger of structural failure, just cosmetic repairs).

The latex that was in contact with her skin on her midrift actually started releasing from her skin due to her sweating under it... it looked EXACTLY like fabric, moving and creasing with her movements... people did not beleive it was painted on due to that. The reason it worked was the bra and thong being the structural foundations that prevented any peeling or lifting off.

If doing something full-body that you want to hold I recommend using something as an edging... gauze bandages, ribbons, etc. They add strength to the edges and seams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down