Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolfe Silver - did I miss the memo?

3 posters

Go down

Wolfe Silver - did I miss the memo? Empty Wolfe Silver - did I miss the memo?

Post by Noella Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:26 pm

On the WolfeFX site there is an FAQ (which basically repeats the sheet that's included with the newer appetizer palettes) which includes the line:

"Cracks may form in the cakes. These cracks have no effect on the makeup and do not mean the make-up is drying out. All of the Hydrocolor make-up (except silver), if stored and used properly, has a shelf life of over 3 years."

------

My older palettes did not come with that line completely, just the bit about the cracks. I buy big sizes of colours I use most (to refill), and just appetizers for the rest so I can carry variety without weight.

My oldest silver (from when the neon/metallix palette was not blue, but still black - probably about 4-5 years old now) is solid - hard - doesn't do anything with water at all except bead up and make an odd dark film on the surface. My newer silver (from 2-3 years ago) is still fine and soft. The latest appetizer palettes don't have silver, but metallic white... so I'm probably pushing the shelf life of everything, but yes, my Wolfe silver does not seem to have survived... any ideas on recovery?
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Wolfe Silver - did I miss the memo? Empty Re: Wolfe Silver - did I miss the memo?

Post by anniel Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:04 am

How about putting some very hot water on top and setting it in a warmed (turned off) oven overnight---or break it up & repot it w/the same method...
anniel
anniel

Number of posts : 2317
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://entertainment-etc.com

Back to top Go down

Wolfe Silver - did I miss the memo? Empty Re: Wolfe Silver - did I miss the memo?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:17 am

Have you tried glycerin? It MIGHT help. I had to toss of Wolfe Silver... the old OLD stuff BEFORE the black containers. It crumble up so bad I couldn't work with it... nothing worked, water, glycerin, even mixing with another brand to make a new cake.

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:53 am

I had a paradise silver go bad...after less than a year. It smelled funny (not the regular smell that many dislike, but gross smelling) I took it back to the costume shop I use, and they gave me a new one. Here in Buckeye country, I have a silver and red split, I use it for Ohio State stuff...and the little girls like to be a "Buckeye Princess" I will get some pics and post. The red and silver together are nice.
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down