Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Facepainting in NY????

3 posters

Go down

Facepainting in NY????   Empty Facepainting in NY????

Post by delidee32 Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Are there any other facepainters in NY here? I would love to facepaint in my neighborhood park but was wondering if I needed to apply for a special license to do so?? I've done a few party's but those come few and far in between. I wanted to start painting more and was wondering about the legality of it.

Thanks,
Deli
www.notjustballoons.net
delidee32
delidee32

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-04-18

http://www.notjustballoons.net

Back to top Go down

Facepainting in NY????   Empty Re: Facepainting in NY????

Post by HappyVickery Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:40 pm

I would contact your local parks and recrations office. My not in NY, but in my area, I have permission to paint for tips in county parks (can't charge), but I can't even paint for free in the city parks. I don't have to have a permit, but there are certain spots in my down town area where I would have to get a permit to work on a sidewalk. I think contacting tha department would be a good idea to at least give you some direction Smile
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2011-05-31

http://www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trentsketch Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:46 pm

NYC is horrid with permits and licenses. Ask and get confirmation before you do anything. It could wind up being a lot of money depending on how they try to handle facepainting. Or it could be complete free but subject to a bunch of ridiculous regulations for what you can or can't do while working. It's a total crapshoot and every police precinct and license director is going to have a different set of standards.

I'm not trying to discourage you. I think it's a great idea. I've just had many horrid experiences setting off charity concerts and events in NYC parks to not warn you how awful their set-up can be. Plus, a lot of offices are downsizing due to state budget issues. That'll gunk things up even more.

trentsketch

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down