Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! Anyone have a letter to the PTO / PTA about not using acrylics?

+8
HappyVickery
Mug Shots
Noella
a face painting mom
elantaura
gorjessfaces
Denise Cold
IamGinaW
12 posters

Go down

HELP! Anyone have a letter to the PTO / PTA about not using acrylics? Empty HELP! Anyone have a letter to the PTO / PTA about not using acrylics?

Post by IamGinaW Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:38 pm

I really want to send a letter the the PTO of my daughter's elementary school about face paint safety and why they should NOT use acrylics mixed with baby shampoo as they have been doing for years, that it is unsafe and a liability risk.

Does anyone have some sort of letter or email you've written about this? I really think we should all put one together and publish it so we can all use it when necessary.

THANKS!!

Last edited by IamGinaW on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Number of posts : 1626
Registration date : 2010-09-15

http://facesbygina.com

Back to top Go down

HELP! Anyone have a letter to the PTO / PTA about not using acrylics? Empty Re: HELP! Anyone have a letter to the PTO / PTA about not using acrylics?

Post by Denise Cold Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:55 pm

Mixed with shampoo??? Who came up with that one???

D.
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

HELP! Anyone have a letter to the PTO / PTA about not using acrylics? Empty Re: HELP! Anyone have a letter to the PTO / PTA about not using acrylics?

Post by gorjessfaces Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:14 pm

that is serioulsy freaking crazy!! shampoo!!! im at work at the moment, i do reception for and engineering company.. blah blah borning!! you guys get me through the day. ill ill type something up. Smile
gorjessfaces
gorjessfaces

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2011-09-06

http://www.gorjessfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Alright this is going to be long…… I will condense it as much as I can. And I am not an expert just read a lot.

The problem with non-toxic acrylics as face paint?

Most non – Toxic acrylics have formaldehyde as a preservative. This is not bad in its correct application even in terms of getting a bit on your hands and washing off. The amount that they have in them accounts for this. BUT as face paint big non why?

Formaldehyde is a probable human carcinogen -cancer causing ( as it has only been proven in animals, and depending upon the country in Australia it is classified as one) and outright poison that has been researched since the 1940s.It is easily absorbed through the skin, and inhaled.

It has a particular effect on mucus membranes i.e. eyes, throat, nose and gut. 30mls of formaldehyde is a lethal poison to kill a human. And formaldehyde is commonly tested for as an allergen by in an allergy test.

When they approve this as a preservative, they make allowances for say it being stuck under fingernails for a few days, but not slapped on a face next to the mucus membranes to be inhaled and seep through and get in eyes. All acrylics are recommended for use in a well-ventilated area as formaldehyde is released into the air as they dry. Again acrylics not so good near the nose and mouth.

Now if the amount of formaldehyde is less than 1% the manufacturer does not have to list that ingredient. As that is a safe amount for its correct application. and it can be labeled Non Toxic.

You will find formaldehyde in shampoo, conditioner etc. but at no more than 0.2% and they have to include releasing agents in them to basically release the toxins as much as possible in the manufacturing process so it is safe for general use. Many things in life contain formaldehyde but are safe due to the way they were manufactured. Unfortunately general paint slips through this as it is not intended to be misused.
Most Non Toxic paint is a myth they just count on people using it safely. And that is why it is approved as paint but not as a cosmetic. Unless labelled formaldehyde free.
There are other ingredients that I could talk about if you need it but this should be enough.
Google formaldehyde to find out more

Please don’t freak out about you kids having paints in general it is OK just obviously not with prolonged exposure to skin, as face paint. (or drunk in large quantitys I suppose) I read up a lot about it but it is just too much to type.

But I will just copy paste the following from a work safety sight to give you some idea but there is tons of info on it. alot of cosmetics end up recalled as they have too much Formaldehyde.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Formaldehyde (CAS# 50-00-0) is one of the most common chemicals in use today. It is found in many processes and products, being widely used as a preservative, embalming fluid, sterilant and fumigant. Formaldehyde is also used in the production of resins, plastics, dyestuffs, 'non-iron' fabrics, paper products, paint, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical products. With such widespread uses and applications, many people come into contact with formaldehyde in one form or another in the workplace.
Formaldehyde is a colourless gas with a strong, pungent odour. It is commonly used in liquid form as a 40% aqueous solution known as formalin and in solid form as a white powder called paraformaldehyde. Because of its volatility, both formalin and paraformaldehyde will readily give off irritating formaldehyde vapour with a strong odour.
Health Effects of Formaldehyde
Formaldehyde can affect you when you breathe its vapour or come into contact with materials containing formaldehyde. It reacts very rapidly with moist body tissue, so particularly vulnerable areas are those that can come into direct contact such as the skin, upper respiratory tract and eyes.
The effects of formaldehyde exposure can vary from person to person. Some may show symptoms of irritation at very low levels, while others can tolerate exposure to higher concentrations with little or no reaction. Typical exposure symptoms include:

Low 0.1 - 5 parts per million Eye irritation, tears
Skin irritation
Respiratory tract irritation

Moderate5 - 20 ppm Burning of eyes and respiratory tract
Tears
Difficulty in breathing / coughing

High 20 - 100 ppm Chest tightening, pain
Irregular heartbeat
Severe lung irritation
Pulmonary oedema
Death in severe cases

Skin: Contact with formaldehyde solutions or resins can cause eczema (dry, flaking and itching skin) and in extreme cases can lead to dermatitis. This is a skin disease that can appear as a simple rash to severe skin cracking and blistering. These symptoms can also be caused by contact with clothing contaminated with formaldehyde.
Eyes: Exposure to formaldehyde vapour can cause reddening and a burning sensation in the eyes accompanied by tears production. Formaldehyde solutions coming into direct contact with the eye can cause serious damage to the cornea, possibly leading to blindness.
Nose, Throat and Lungs: Low ambient concentrations of formaldehyde can cause irritation of the upper respiratory tract. At higher concentrations, the effects become more severe, with levels above 10 ppm causing coughing and chest tightness. Exposure to very high levels can lead to death from throat swelling and chemical burns to the lungs.
In some people, exposure to formaldehyde vapours, even at very low concentrations, leads to respiratory sensitization resulting in an allergic reaction similar to asthma. This can be triggered at any time, even in individuals who have worked with formaldehyde in the past with no apparent reaction, resulting in shortness of breath, chest tightness, wheezing and coughing.
Cancer: Although there is no conclusive evidence available to prove that formaldehyde is a human carcinogen, it has been shown to cause cancer in animals. Formaldehyde is therefore considered to be a probable human carcinogen, particularly as a cause of nasal and nasopharyngeal cancers as these areas are more likely to come into direct contact with formaldehyde.

useful links
http://www.nontoxicprint.com/safepainting.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formaldehyde
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/formaldehyde

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong as it is my intent to be helpful

elantaura
elantaura

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://suejuddfacepaintingandbodyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:14 pm

I think I may email one of the acrylic paint companies, maybe Tulip, because they make face paint too. Why would Tulip make face paint if you could just grab their acrylics and use them on the face?

Anyway, I would like to get the offical statement from a manufacturer, and ask them if they have approved the use of their acrylic paints mixed with lotion, shampoo, or anything to be aplied to children's faces. They have to know it is going on.

I got my start in the PTO, kind of. I was a make up artist many moons ago, and volunteered face paint. They had those gross crayons, but at least they were made for faces. Horrible, yucky, no telling how old they were. So I went looking for something better...and here I am. You could offer to help the PTO get the appropriate supplies and help to train a few people to do some nice things. The Kluz book is a good start, and a couple of the snaz pallets, a few decent brushes, a little tulip face and body glitter, and they are on the right road.

If I could suggest too, you are part of the PTO if your daughter goes to school there. I know it seems like these people are exclusive, but you may be surprised by who is leading and they may be very pleased to have you help out in this area. If you present a solution with the problem, your idea will be given more weight. I was a PTO president for two years, it is a tough job, and I have never been in a click, but people thought that I was political, exclusive, and in a click...I wish it had been that way, at least I would know what it was like to be in a click Very Happy I am not saying that there are not people out there who are really are like the steriotype, but I think you will find that there are also people like me, who really don't fit that at all, and all we did to end up in that position was to make copies, and flip burgers, and tie dye tee shirts...and boom, here you are.

Just one perspective, maybe they would welcome you and thank you for helping them. I know if it were me in that position, I would be very pleased to hear what you have to say.

If they don't, know that all PTO's have to purchase liablity insurance on a yearly basis. Ours was purchased through the district, so you could very well find out the name of the insurance co, it should be public record, and send it to them. They are taking a huge risk, and the superintendent would put a stop to it. Probably, they would just say no face painting at all, as they tend to be that way. Once the board of Ed, or the superintendent, or the PTO president for that matter, know that they are doing something dangerous, they are obligated to stop, or the liability rests on their sholders too.

Sorry to ramble. I hope it all works out, and I am going to send an email to Tulip and see what they say! I will pass it along.

I really hope you find someone nice at the helm of your PTO, it can be a terrific experience.
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Noella Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Gary Cole has written to some manufacturers and has information from the Snazaroo forum listed in the FAQ.
Noella
Noella

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:32 pm

I actually told them about the fact that they should use paints that are approved for use on skin last year at the Spring BBQ. I offered to donate real face paints to them and they didn't take me up on it. I think it was last minute and they didn't consider it much. But now, months later, they want to have the same lady who has volunteered the last several years using that paint and they use high school volunteers (who get credit for community service) to paint.
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:14 pm

OK, this is what I'm sending:

Dear Harloe PTO:

I'd like to extend my sincere thanks to you for all you do in support of Harloe Elementary and the children who grow and learn there. The events and services you provide for students and their parents are truly appreciated. I do have a concern, however, regarding the upcoming barbecue event that I believe you will want to be aware of.

I have been informed that the last several barbeques, the person providing face painting for the children was using acrylic craft paints that include chemicals and colorants (such as nickel and formaldehyde) that are not FDA approved for use on skin. This type of paint can cause the skin to severe reactions even though they are often labeled “Non-Toxic,” this merely means they can be ingested without harm; it does not mean “safe for skin.”

Further concern should also be directed to what type of glitter is used to accent face painting. Often face painters unknowingly use metallic craft glitter, which can be harmful to the skin and eyes. The only safe glitters for face painting are made of polyester, and should be no more than .008 microns in size; the size the FDA classifies as “cosmetic size” and the only type considered safe for use on skin and near the eyes.

This may, at first glance, appear unnecessarily information, but since it impacts the health of the children in attendance at a PTO-sponsored event, it is no doubt something you will want to consider. If the quality and type of materials applied to the faces of the children do cause rashes or other injury, it could put the PTO and the school district at risk for financial liability; something which I'm sure you want to avoid.

Below you will find some quotes from acrylic/craft paint manufacturers.

Being a professional face painter myself, these are the issues I must consider in running my business, so I thought I would share them with you.

Sincerely,

Gina Watkins

--------------

From Delta Craft's own web site at www.deltacrafts.com

Q: Can I use Delta Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint for face painting.
As with all of Delta's paint products, the Delta Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint is non-toxic. To be able to say this, all of our products are tested by the Arts & Creative Materials Institute. ACMI will certify that a product is non-toxic when it is determined that it contains no materials in sufficient quantities that can cause acute or chronic health problems. Simply put, an ACMI certification means that a non-toxic product will not harm you. In order to claim that a product is safe for cosmetic purposes, it needs to be approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). We have not pursued FDA approval since this product is craft paint and not intended or recommended for use on the skin.

--------------

Binney & Smith does not recommend any of our products be used to paint directly on the skin, including LIQUITEX acrylic paints. Products designed for this purpose require approval from the Food and Drug Administration. Liquitex products do not require this approval.

Most Liquitex paints are certified non-toxic by the Art & Creative Materials Institute (ACMI) and earned either a Certified Product (CP) or Approved Product (AP) seal. The CP seal gives assurance to consumers that our products exceed specific quality standards, while the AP seal concludes these products meet those standards. Both seals assure the products contain no known toxic or harmful substances in sufficient quantities to be injurious to the human body, even if ingested.

Those Liquitex products which do not carry these seals have, instead, a Health Label (HL) that certifies the product is properly labeled, and indicates special precautions that should be taken to ensure safe, proper use of these materials. Liquitex cadmium acrylic colors bear this type of label.

Thank you for interest in Binney & Smith and Liquitex products. I hope you continue to visit our Internet site.

Sincerely,
BINNEY & SMITH INC.

Linda Arnold
Consumer Affairs Representative

--------------

Thank you for your email regarding our Apple Barrel acrylic paint. We do not recommend them for face paint, although they are non-toxic, they do not have the FDA approval for face painting.

Sincerely,

Phyllis
Plaid Consumer Advisory Team
1-800-842-4197
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Gina,
The Formaldehyde is a big thing it is the primary reason (there are others i.e. the ammonia) why Acrylics can’t get FDA approval. And children are more sensitive than adults to it.

(Which is sort of in the snaz link that someone else posted, I just filled in the why? so to speak)

But as people don’t often GET it you could try using some common sense examples such as

Engine oil completely safe for correct use and people can get a small amount on their hands/skin, without a problem. But people and animals have died and been poisoned, from being covered in it. It is also very shinny but do people use it as lip gloss? Common sense tells us not too. (Well most people)

Or ask them would they paint a child’s face with diluted ammonia? (Because that is what they are doing)

One of the lengthy links I provided it should tell you about the Non- toxic 1% Formaldehyde thing i.e. it being omitted from ingredients list. Before they throw that at you as a counter argument.

Funnily enough baby shampoo has a mild anaesthetic in it why it doesn’t hurt when it gets in your eyes. This means if someone did have a reaction it would dull the pain until it the damage was much worse.

Sorry you are having so much trouble, If there is anything else I can help with just let me know. I’m not an expert I just read a lot.
Sue
elantaura
elantaura

Back to top Go down

Post by Mug Shots Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:33 pm

Sounds great! The only thing I would do differently (and this is just me) is offer them an "out". Hobby lobby now sells full things of Snaz, as well as all the tulip body paint. Maybe if you suggest an alternative, they may receive it better. That is just a thought... I certainly applaud you for standing up to them! That is hard. I had to do it at a festival a couple weeks ago. Thankfully, they took my advice and next year will be having it in the contract that only FDA approved paints and body products may be used. Good for you!
Mug Shots
Mug Shots

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2011-07-05

http://mugshotsfacepainting.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:51 pm

sorry posted at the same time as your email, sounds good! Let us know if it works.

Sue
elantaura
elantaura

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:10 am

OK, this is what I actually sent:

Dear Harloe PTO:

I'd like to extend my sincere thanks to you for all you do in support of Harloe
Elementary and the children who grow and learn there. The events and services
you provide for students and their parents are truly appreciated. I do have a
concern, however, regarding the upcoming barbecue event that I believe you will
want to be aware of.

I have been informed that the last several barbeques, the person providing face
painting for the children was using acrylic craft paints that include chemicals
and colorants (such as nickel and formaldehyde) that are not FDA approved for
use on skin. This type of paint can cause the skin to severe reactions even
though they are often labeled “Non-Toxic,” this merely means they can be
ingested without harm; it does not mean “safe for skin.”

Further concern should also be directed to what type of glitter is used to
accent face painting. Often face painters unknowingly use metallic craft
glitter, which can be harmful to the skin and eyes. The only safe glitters for
face painting are made of polyester, and should be no more than .008 microns in
size; the size the FDA classifies as “cosmetic size” and the only type
considered safe for use on skin and near the eyes.

This may, at first glance, appear unnecessarily information, but since it
impacts the health of the children in attendance at a PTO-sponsored event, it is
no doubt something you will want to consider. If the quality and type of
materials applied to the faces of the children do cause rashes or other injury,
it could put the PTO and the school district at risk for financial liability;
something which I'm sure you want to avoid.

Face paint that is approved by the FDA for use on skin is available at Michael’s
in San Luis Obispo or Santa Maria made by the following manufacturers: Snazaroo
and Tulip Body Art . Other manufacturers available on-line are: Diamond FX, TAG,
Wolfe Face Art & FX, Mehron, Kryolan, Ben Nye, Paradise Makeup AQ, FAB Makeup,
Jest Paint Face and Body Colors.

Being a professional face painter myself, these are the issues I must consider
in running my business, so I thought I would share them with you.

Sincerely,

Gina Watkins

----------
From Delta Craft's own web site at www.deltacrafts.com

Q: Can I use Delta Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint for face painting.
As with all of Delta's paint products, the Delta Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint is
non-toxic. To be able to say this, all of our products are tested by the Arts &
Creative Materials Institute. ACMI will certify that a product is non-toxic when

it is determined that it contains no materials in sufficient quantities that can

cause acute or chronic health problems. Simply put, an ACMI certification means
that a non-toxic product will not harm you. In order to claim that a product is
safe for cosmetic purposes, it needs to be approved by the Food and Drug
Administration (FDA). We have not pursued FDA approval since this product is
craft paint and not intended or recommended for use on the skin.

----------
Binney & Smith does not recommend any of our products be used to paint directly
on the skin, including LIQUITEX acrylic paints. Products designed for this
purpose require approval from the Food and Drug Administration. Liquitex
products do not require this approval.

Most Liquitex paints are certified non-toxic by the Art & Creative Materials
Institute (ACMI) and earned either a Certified Product (CP) or Approved Product
(AP) seal. The CP seal gives assurance to consumers that our products exceed
specific quality standards, while the AP seal concludes these products meet
those standards. Both seals assure the products contain no known toxic or
harmful substances in sufficient quantities to be injurious to the human body,
even if ingested.

Those Liquitex products which do not carry these seals have, instead, a Health
Label (HL) that certifies the product is properly labeled, and indicates special

precautions that should be taken to ensure safe, proper use of these materials.
Liquitex cadmium acrylic colors bear this type of label.

Thank you for interest in Binney & Smith and Liquitex products. I hope you
continue to visit our Internet site.

Sincerely,
BINNEY & SMITH INC.

Linda Arnold
Consumer Affairs Representative

----------
Thank you for your email regarding our Apple Barrel acrylic paint. We do not
recommend them for face paint, although they are non-toxic, they do not have the

FDA approval for face painting.

Sincerely,

Phyllis
Plaid Consumer Advisory Team
1-800-842-4197
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:23 am

WOW! I already got a reply:

Gina,
Thank you so much for forwarding this on to us. I have sent a copy to C----- S-----, our BBQ coordinator and A----- our PTO President. I am not sure if they are using a face painter this fall or not, but it is good information to have for future BBQ's or school events.

Thanks!
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyVickery Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:01 am

That sounds great! I'm so glad you brought it to their attention, and they are at least taking notice of it! Way to go!!
HappyVickery
HappyVickery

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2011-05-31

http://www.smileyfacesfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:35 pm

Update: I did face paint at the event and they did NOT have any other face painters or face paint there.

Now, I'm sending a similar letter to a nearby city who does an annual Halloween celebration and always includes acrylic face paint.
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Thank you for the info, "elantaura!" Would you mind if I post what you wrote as a blog post via my site, or on my FAQ page? I'd be happy to link to your site in return! I've been wanting to pull something together to post so that I can just send a link to people about it!
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by HazyDaze Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:27 pm

IamGinaW wrote:Update: I did face paint at the event and they did NOT have any other face painters or face paint there.

Now, I'm sending a similar letter to a nearby city who does an annual Halloween celebration and always includes acrylic face paint.

Changing the face painting world one event at a time, lol. You rock! Very Happy
HazyDaze
HazyDaze

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by elantaura Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:53 pm

Gretchen, take it would be proud took a few hours to compile what I already knew (from print industry use alot of chemicals and safe use and disposal etc is an issue) then find the sources on the internet to prove it to anyone who may dismiss this i.e I'll just use Non Toxic.
Then attempt to make it user friendly. I did it for prosterity, and so that people would Know if they google it. I feel honoured.
another little thing I just know was that my husband used to work as the chemical sampler (the idot who went up to the stuff) in a manufacturing facility that made cosmetics shampoo paint and other things. if the 44 galloon drum of formaldahye was not up to cosmetic grade ratio to strong, it was moved to be used in paint. couldn't prove that just know it though.

You may want to run it through spell check as I know Australia/UK and US have different spellings of words.
I also really love science and do read for hours on it. and have changed OH&S laws in Australia (2007) through unions and workcover to do with silica (and silicosis)and status as a carcenogen. been before tribunals for that. Turned out my science is good
elantaura
elantaura

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretchen Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Thanks, Sue! I'll definitely post it soon! Probably via a blog post and then I'll put a link to it on my FAQ page on my permanent site. Very nice research...thanks so much for sharing! And I'll totally link to your site too. :-) My husband was a chemical engineering major too so I remember him coming in contact with some nasty things!
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:34 pm

What I sent to the city:

Dear ********* Recreation Department:

I'd like to extend my sincere thanks to you for all you do for the children in community. My family has enjoyed Pumpkins on the Pier for years now. I do have a concern, however, that I believe you will want to be aware of.

I have noticed that in past years face painting has been offered with acrylic craft paints that include chemicals and colorants (such as nickel and formaldehyde) that are non-toxic but NOT FDA approved for use on skin. This type of paint can cause the skin to severe reactions even though they are labeled “Non-Toxic,” this merely means they can be ingested without harm; it does not mean “safe for skin.”

Further concern should also be directed to what type of glitter (if any) is used to accent face painting. Often face painters unknowingly use metallic craft glitter, which can be harmful to the skin and eyes. The only safe glitters for face painting are made of polyester, and should be no more than .008 microns in size; the size the FDA classifies as “cosmetic size” and the only type
considered safe for use on skin and near the eyes.

This may, at first glance, appear unnecessarily information, but since it impacts the health of the children in attendance at a ******* City sponsored event, it is no doubt something you will want to consider. If the quality and type of materials applied to the faces of the children do cause rashes or other injury, it could put the city at risk for financial liability;something which I'm sure you want to avoid.

Face paint that is approved by the FDA for use on skin is available at Michael’s in San Luis Obispo or Santa Maria made by the following manufacturers: Snazaroo and Tulip Body Art . Other manufacturers available on-line are: Diamond FX, TAG,Wolfe Face Art & FX, Mehron, Kryolan, Ben Nye, Paradise Makeup AQ, FAB Makeup, Jest Paint Face and Body Colors.

Being a professional face painter myself, these are the issues I must consider in running my business, so I thought I would share them with you.

Sincerely,

Gina Watkins

----------

The rest is the same stuff from acrylic paint manufacturers.
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Back to top Go down

Post by a face painting mom Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Cool, you are making an impact!
a face painting mom
a face painting mom

Number of posts : 1913
Registration date : 2011-07-13

http://www.afacepaintingmom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IamGinaW Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:51 pm

I just sent another version of this email to the organization that runs Cops N Kids day. We took the kids yesterday and it was fun but of course they were using Tempura paints for face painting. Ugh!
IamGinaW
IamGinaW

Back to top Go down

Post by Smiley813622 Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:45 pm

Thank you so much for this.....it is very frustrating when you get to a place you are going to face paint and when you get there, volunteers are using acrylics.....(btw, I refused to paint with them and volunteered elsewhere)...and then you bring it to the coordinator's attention and the next event you see acrylics again.......
Smiley813622
Smiley813622

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-07-10

http://www.enchantedfaceart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat's FacesForFun Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Good for you for making people aware!! I love it!! I would want someone to point this out to me for future use, so I hope this doesn't come off rude. In Paragraph 4 it says

"This may, at first glance, appear unnecessarily information..."

You might want to change it to, "This may, at first glance, appear to be UNNECESSARY information..."
or
"This may, at first glance, appear unnecessarily informative.."

Just a little editing fix. Smile
Kat's FacesForFun
Kat's FacesForFun

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2011-09-12

http://www.facepaintingkat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down