Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best place to set up?

2 posters

Go down

Best place to set up? Empty Best place to set up?

Post by Heather Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:57 pm

Sorry to be such a post hog today....I guess I'm just super excited to be getting back into painting (and to have found you all!) I promise I'll tone it down a bit once I get back into the swing of things.

To that end, I was just contacted by the organizer of a series of festivals I used to work with year-round. I'm headed back to my home state in a few weeks to see my new niece, and I thought I'd check in with her on the off-chance that they hadn't accepted anyone to do face and body art for the festival I used to do that's being held that weekend. I figured it would give me a chance to earn a little extra money, play with all my new tools, and would give me an excuse to write off at least part of the flight back home (it's a 3-day festival, and I'll be working all three days).

She wrote back, ecstatically a few minutes later telling me that, no, they didn't, and they would LOVE it if I could come out. She told me I could have my pick of set up places (did I mention this organizer REALLY likes me?), and I'd like your opinions on where I should tell her I'd like to be. In my experience, being in the center of the children's area rarely works out for the best, but maybe I just always had bad luck.

Anyway, here's a link to a map of the festival. I'd be very appreciative if you could suggest where I should tell her I'd like to be. Map
tia!

~ Heather
Heather
Heather

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2009-07-10

http://www.manhattanmasqueradenyc.com

Back to top Go down

Best place to set up? Empty Re: Best place to set up?

Post by AngieAnders Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:30 pm

I've had great success in the children's area, BUT I always make sure I'm right on the edge, where kids are all around but they don't expect me to be included with the other free stuff.

I think if I were you I'd ask to be set up between the children's area and the right-hand stage. You'll get afternoon crowds of kids, and evening crowds of teens, hopefully. Choosing a location that will be successful is a bit of a gamble. There's just no way of knowing until you actually get there and start working. But the most important thing is to be in people's direct line of traffic, where they have to pass you to get to the kids area, or to the stage, etc. Good luck!!
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down