Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some advice would be appretiated

3 posters

Go down

Some advice would be appretiated Empty Some advice would be appretiated

Post by Amy Moon Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:51 pm

In an attempt to network I sort of hooked up with a wedding photographer who was looking to network with wedding coordinators. I have hooked her up with a mutually beneficial gig and she keeps sending me these "opportunities" to pay $200 to sit and do free henna for people at wedding shows in the hopes that one of them will hire me.

Now thing is I am not sure that the brides to be that would be going to these shows would have any interest in having henna and one of the artists I work with who does the traditional bridal henna is already networked into the very tight nit community who get henna for their wedding. I might be able to go with a body art angle and have say someone doing glitter, someone doing henna and someone doing paint but again it feels like paying to work when only a very small % of people are going to be interested.

Amy Moon
Amy Moon

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-01-03

http://www.hennaluna.com

Back to top Go down

Some advice would be appretiated Empty Re: Some advice would be appretiated

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:26 pm

Advice? About working wedding shows?

I'd say you would be better off doing a live demo of white henna and/free hand glitter tatts that would be suitable on a bride and/or bridal party... maybe as part of their fashion show than sitting there trying to sell to the bridezillas who are only there to collect as many freebies as possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by JBax Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:32 pm

I just did a bridal show on Sunday, and I didn't pay the usual vendor fee. And I'd agree that most of the attendees probably won't want it, although you never know, especially if you market the wedding tradition of it. I'd say if this is something you'd want to try, just to see if anything comes from it, talk to the organizers. What we do is an attraction and should be paid to be there, so free booth space should be reasonable.
JBax
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Moon Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:45 pm

How do you sell yourself as an attraction that should be paid to be there or at the least get free booth space when the venue wants you to pay them?

The person who approached me did say they wanted to feature henna so maybe I can work that angle. This is just really unfamiliar ground but it seems like something a lot of the face painters here have dealt with.

I will have to see if they are doing a fashion show.

I am not sure what you mean by white henna.

I have never been to a bridal show and this one is a budget bridal show so not only brides but brides who do not want to spend money possibly.
Amy Moon
Amy Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:18 pm

White henna... isn't henna, but henna style done in white with bling usually... Like this photo I found googling white henna

Some advice would be appretiated 2524215_rncfoKY4_c

It is from this site http://www.makeupartist.ae/hair_henna_skin_body_henna.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparklyone Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:31 pm

That is gorgeous! Very Happy

I agree that you should NOT be paying a vendor fee to be there. You're an entertainment draw and at the least you should get a free booth. Something you might consider is offering not only bridal henna but promoting it for the bachelorette party or as a gift for the wedding party/bridesmaids. Smile Also, sell your face painting/glitter tats as a form of unique entertainment for any kids (or drunk/daring adults, lol) at the wedding reception! It's a great way to keep the kids busy and add a special touch that people will talk about and remember! I love you

Sparklyone

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Moon Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:24 am

I guess I just have no idea what to say when someone says here pay a vendor fee and come give out samples. Could you give me examples of what you might say?

The white henna looks cool. I am sure I could come up with something like that before then.
Amy Moon
Amy Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Moon Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:37 am

Ok I took the plunge! Because this is my first time asking someone to pay me rather then me paying a vendor fee and it is someone I am trying to network with I offered to do it at discounted hourly rate.

"We would be happy to provide your guests with body art including henna, glitter tattoos and bling, while providing face paint to help occupy and keep little ones happy at a discounted hourly rate usually reserved for non profits. Please let me know how many artists you feel the event will need."

Amy Moon
Amy Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down