Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand Spanking new-at least to professional facepainting:)

+5
Manabanana
Pilareta
Paulien
michellesfantasyfaces
Smileyface
9 posters

Go down

Brand Spanking new-at least to professional facepainting:) Empty Brand Spanking new-at least to professional facepainting:)

Post by Smileyface Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi all,
I'm so glad I found this forum. I know it will be an invaluable source of information for me in the coming weeks as I try to put together my face painting business. I have thought about doing this for years and I am finally going to take the plunge (partly because my husband just lost his job and we have to find a way to have some income) Sometimes a crisis is a blessing in disguise and just the thing you need to make you step into action and make your dreams a reality.

The first time I did face painting was at a neighborhood block party when I was 16. It wasn't planned it just sort of happened spontaneously. I took out my paints and started painting Betty Boop on all the little girls hands and cheeks(nope didn't use the right paints-what did I know) Anyway, this went on for hours. My line never died down. Before I knew it I was taking request for other cartoons like Garfield, Scooby Doo (this was in the 80:)). I never forgot that day! I loved making all those kids happy with my art. I have done face painting at school events and more neighborhood social gatherings through the years. And every time I do it I say I'm going to go into business(I love it)

Since than I have done many things with my art. I received a BA in Fine Art/painting, A Masters in Education. I taught High School and Elementary art in the public schools. I started a family, left teaching, started a mural business, sold paintings on ebay. I went back to school recently for digital media. I just received a certificate in Digital/Interaction Media Technical. I finally learned how to design websites (can't wait to make a web site for my face painting) Here is my web site that I just made for all of the endeavors mentioned above www.artbyinstinct.com
[code] Art by Instinct

I also have a Chalkboard shop on etsy. I sell framed and unframed chalkboards of all sizes. Actually chalkboards are great for signage. They are very eye catching. I will probably use them in my set up for my face painting business. I won't put the link to the shop. I don't want to take advantage of the forum. But if you are interested in the link let me know and if it's ok with the administrators I will post it.

I will be doing a lot of reading in the forum to learn everything I can about the business. I can't wait to update you on my progress!

Sorry for such a long post.

Thank you so much for being here!
Have a great day!
Cindy

Smileyface
Smileyface

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Brand Spanking new-at least to professional facepainting:) Empty Re: Brand Spanking new-at least to professional facepainting:)

Post by michellesfantasyfaces Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:55 pm

welcome!
michellesfantasyfaces
michellesfantasyfaces

Number of posts : 3190
Registration date : 2010-02-18

http://www.fantasyfaces.nl

Back to top Go down

Brand Spanking new-at least to professional facepainting:) Empty Re: Brand Spanking new-at least to professional facepainting:)

Post by Paulien Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Welcome!
Paulien
Paulien

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Smileyface Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Thank you for the welcome.

Sorry if I went on a little too long. I'm kind of wound up from my current situation. I need a nice long walk on the beach...sigh

I'm so thankful for this forum of such talented artists!
Smileyface
Smileyface

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:52 pm

Welcome from sunny Spain! cheers
Pilareta
Pilareta

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Manabanana Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:50 pm

welcome to the forum!
Manabanana
Manabanana

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2011-07-01

http://www.manaartonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by len sherrard Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:25 am

Welcome!
len sherrard
len sherrard

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2009-12-29

http://www.ellensburgfaceart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AmberMarie Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:55 am

Welcome! Way to turn lemons into... well, something better!

I hope you find tons of help on your way!
AmberMarie
AmberMarie

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2011-03-28

http://www.ambermariestudios.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EricaH Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:25 am

Hi Cindy! Welcome to the forum!

I enjoyed looking at your website. I have a graphics design degree and learned Illustrator before there was the gradient mesh. I still use the current version of the software but haven't played with the mesh much. Your 3D still is inspiring me to dig up some info and learn something new Smile.

You have some beautiful work. Can't wait to see your painted faces!
EricaH
EricaH

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Monster Princess Art Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:14 am

Ohh stop worrying. Have fun join in, and paint! cant wait to see your stuff. Welcome to the board!
~Toni
Monster Princess Art
Monster Princess Art

Number of posts : 301
Location : Chico, Orland, Corning and about any where a paying gig is :D
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down