Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booked for a 3 year olds party...

+5
Britty
Denise Cold
nancy!
Inca
Skidzz
9 posters

Go down

Booked for a 3 year olds party...  Empty Booked for a 3 year olds party...

Post by Skidzz Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:24 am

I am not the fastest fp in the world... but I am the only one in my county. Not to mention I still have so much to learn. Anyway, I am booked for a 3 year olds party, on the 9th... I asked what type of designs she thought they might be attracted to, she said, animals, and construction and cars... ok I am kinda ok on the animals... I am not that great but I have some ideas I guess... my prob is the construction and cars...

If you all have any ideas, could you pretty please post a pic, (as I am totally a visual person). They don't have to be fairly easy designs cuz I just need an idea of how to do them. My biggest problem is that she said the majority of the kids are 2-5 years old... and like I said, I am sooo not fast at all...

But any help would totally be appreciate!!! You guys are awesome!!! Thank you tons!!!
Skidzz
Skidzz

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.facepaintingcolorado.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Booked for a 3 year olds party...  Empty Re: Booked for a 3 year olds party...

Post by Inca Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:37 am

I think it was one of the wolfe brothers, showing these at a convention, hope it helps

Booked for a 3 year olds party...  Img_6210

Booked for a 3 year olds party...  Img_6211

Inca
Inca

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:37 am

Denise just posted a couple of animal masks that can be used for facepainting. It's an old thread 'a few pics from my first festival' I think they work out great.
nancy!
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by nancy! Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:39 am

Oh Inca, they are great! We posted at the same time. (I hit 'send' and those came up.....Ugh?? lol)
nancy!
nancy!

Number of posts : 1256
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Booked for a 3 year olds party...  Empty What's on the napkins?

Post by Denise Cold Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:44 am

Does she have an overall theme (like what's on the napkins?) because animals and cars don't go together. If it's generic boys I would think dinosaurs, dragons, spiders, snakes, scorpions, tigers, spiderman, batman, pirates....etc. Construction seems to be mom's idea...is Bob the Builder still big? It's been a long time since I had little ones. You could do a Bob the Builder face.

D.

PS: Love the new Wolfe designs...those are savers!

Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Skidzz Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Thank you Inca!!! I love those, gonna have to practice them!

As far as the theme, that is what she put, cars, construction, and animals, I was kind of thrown, but oh well! Smile I just haven't ever done any construction type things, cars I have only done like twice... and thats it. Animals I can, but I am just nervous about the construction.

Thanks for the help all...
Skidzz
Skidzz

Number of posts : 499
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.facepaintingcolorado.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Britty Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Construction could mean anything...like hammers and nails as cheek art. Or maybe wood or caution signs (the big yellow street sign). Orange flags with a little black road around the the eyes? I am at work so I can't post anything just yet maybe later tonight? Or a car driving on a road (side view) on the forehead than bring the road around the sides of the eyes to make a "mask"? Or paint the top of the forehead to look like a hard hat? Than some simple wrenches or hammers on the sides and write under construction at the top of the hard hat...sorry if this makes no sense...:/ LOL
Britty
Britty

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2011-03-31

http://brittydesigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Britty Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:53 pm

OOO or give them a hard hat with a little stuble to be construction workers lol how cute haha!
Britty
Britty

Back to top Go down

Post by Britty Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Something with orange cones...sorry I keep posting but I have a 3 year boy..things keep popping up.
Britty
Britty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparklyone Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:11 pm

That cars face is adorable! Very Happy

Congrats on your booked party, Skidzz! I am also a beginner and working on my speed. I have a big festival coming up next month and am putting together a design menu with 20 designs total (8 each boy/girl faces plus 2 each boy/girl arm designs for anyone who has a runny nose or sunburn, etc.). Girls are easy - rainbow butterfly, a few Lisa Joy Young quick faces w/rainbows and flowers, etc. The fastest boy design I have is Pam Trent's arty cake snake (these are all on Youtube). I find tigers to be easy and not too time-consuming and you can give the kids their favorite colors.

Rainbow cakes, arty/TAG cakes and metallic paints make my work faster and give it the "wow" factor. So does lots of glitter and using the DFX black and white for linework.

I wouldn't personally make myself crazy trying to come up with car and construction themed face painting - she may be thinking more along the lines of cheek art. Check Youtube for fast yet impressive faces you feel you can do, practice them to increase your speed and skill, and the kids will love your work! I love you

Sparklyone

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi_o7 Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi, I have a 4 year old son, and to be honest, they don't pay atention at the party theme but to have fun, at the end they ask for sports super heroes, spiders dragons etc, but when I need ideas about a especific topic I google the movie or cartoon pics and then just convine some ideas and practice, I send you an arm idea about train I hope it work's good luck!!
[Booked for a 3 year olds party...  Img_2611]
vivi_o7
vivi_o7

Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2011-02-11

http://fancydesigns.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SillyIzzy Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:57 am

I'm assuming the party is for a boy? I have done mostly parties for little kids (around 2 or 3), so believe me when I say to heavy up mostly on the animals design and to barely worry about the construction and cars part. She was probably just giving you some ideas of what young boys would like. If you make them tigers, snakes, lizards, monsters, heck, even wolverine, they will be happy, I promise Very Happy
SillyIzzy
SillyIzzy

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2009-07-20

http://www.funkyfacespainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Inca Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:47 am

I just want to clarify, these designs were not made by myself but by Brian Wolfe...
and I agree they are awesome!
also, from my experience with themes, its true that the kids hardly EVER follow the theme.. (set by their mothers?) lol!
Inca
Inca

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by shameem007 Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:03 am

Something with orange cones...sorry I keep posting but I have a 3 year boy..things keep popping up.

shameem007

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down