Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my display

5 posters

Go down

my display Empty my display

Post by shandi Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:19 pm

my display for my glitter tatts is blah....it's the stencils scanned then copied and laminated but they are grey or black. Hubby says we need to spice it up as it's Boring and thats why we don't do as well with them.
So how do you display your samples? I refuse to use one of the stencils and do a glitter sample board seems very costly. If I where to scan the stencil and then paint glue and glitter them that would make the board more interesting but I'm worried it will get us stuck using the same colors all the time....
any suggestions?
I have a HUGE 4th of July gig and need to get my ducks in a row.
shandi
shandi

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://facepaintingbyshandi.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

my display Empty Re: my display

Post by Sparklyone Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:43 pm

I'm also trying to figure out a way to make a colorful display. I don't mind using the stencils and glitters since that is going to be the most eye-catching and sales-inducing, but how to seal it so it's water and touch proof? The best I can think of is to create a dispaly on posterboard then have it laminated. Michael's has 40% off coupons and pretty glitterty-type self-adhesive alphabet letters that I'm going to use to spell out, "Glitter Tattoos" and the price. Hopefully there will be smaller sized ones w/numbers so I can number each tat for ordering/filing ease.

The other thing about a permanent display like that is requiring the same inventory...I plan to create an empty but framed space for 1-3 "limited time only" tats where I can tape on new designs as needed.

Have you seen the gorgeous display signs at Faketoos? He also has excellent advice and wisdom about selling them....
http://faketoos.com/store/eventdisplays.html

I love you

Sparklyone

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2011-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirandas Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:25 am

I'm dealing with the same.. I do offer glitter tatts for adults at nightclubs and other night events, and of course I wont be offer mario, neither lil pony unless its a rave..lol So i do need to work on a pemanent display. I also have a big event this coming weekend and need to figure out how to do it. I do love Faketoos and I even contacted Mark about it but he said they are busy for the 4th of july event so I will have to wait.
I was thinking in getting Plywood boards and have no other choice that using an actual stencil and glitter to do it. Been saving the used ones so I can use them for my display..
Mirandas
Mirandas

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:49 am

How about adding a couple of glittered out stencil designs to the top and bottom corners of your sign? That would give the customer an idea of the brilliance of the tatt but not "color" their ideas for color choices.
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:53 am

my display Img_5810
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778