Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to set rates?

2 posters

Go down

How to set rates? Empty How to set rates?

Post by cattsy Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:11 pm

So through my painting down at the market I have had two enquiries about party jobs.

The first one is actually my hubbies cousin, and I want to give her a deal, but I still want to cover my costs. There will be 8 kids aged 3-8.

I'm the only facepainter in PG I think, but it's not exactly "high income" up here. I know that some of the rates in the US are pretty high, but I have absolutely *NO* clue on what to charge for parties :s

Should I charge per child? per hour?

I think the closest to me is Shannon, and I think she's charging $100/hour? (Shannon would love to hear from you for suggestions on rates)

Also cause I'm just starting out I know I'm slow :s well, slower than some people :p I can still turn out a pretty good face in under 5 minutes though.

I was thinking at starting at $75/hour for ten or fewer kids and then up from there?

So confused :s

Trina
cattsy
cattsy

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

How to set rates? Empty Re: How to set rates?

Post by Perry Noia Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:18 am

I started out around that rate... it's not "out of the ballpark" if you know what I mean
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down