Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help please...

2 posters

Go down

help please... Empty help please...

Post by Inca Mon May 30, 2011 4:11 am

Okay so I have got a chance to really experience with Henna and i think i fell in love with this medium...
I have got two cones from a friend and now Im covered Smile
I really want to try and make paste, and get everything ready so I can start incorporate Henna into my business, but I am so overwhelmed with the information out there! (hennapages, hennalounge, etc.)
I would like to know where can i cut expenses, does it worth it to buy a roll of Myler and cut and roll my own cones, or buy the pre cut ones?
which Henna is the most commonly used?
any other tips will be appreciated!
Im attaching a picture of my first attempt, I was happy with the results and think I can turn this joyful form of art into money Smile
help please... 2011-012
Inca
Inca

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

help please... Empty Re: help please...

Post by Amy Moon Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Most of your questions are about artist preference. Buying a roll and cutting cones yourself is generally going to cost you a lot less especially if you get a good deal on Mylar. That and you can control the thickness and your size and shape preferences. If however someone has the thickness and size you want precut it can save you a ton of time and frustration.

I am pretty sure Jamila is the most commonly used henna powder followed by Rajasthani or a combination of the two. Though right now there is a crack down on henna being imported and used on skin so be patient with your suppliers.

The most important thing you want to be sure of is that you have a good consistently reliable mix that stains dark. Looks like you have the basic skills for it already so with a little practice should have several designs down just fine.

Amy Moon
Amy Moon

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-01-03

http://www.hennaluna.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum