Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airbrush/Painting Hair

2 posters

Go down

Airbrush/Painting Hair Empty Airbrush/Painting Hair

Post by kyfaceandbodyart Tue May 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Does anyone ever airbrush or paint on the hair? I have seen photos of painting on the hair, and I was wanting to know how you do this. Do you just use your face paints? Do you add hairspray? I remember in one class I took, the just added a little paint the front of the hair (I think it was for a tiger). I want to know how to do all over looks/styles, etc.

Thanks
kyfaceandbodyart
kyfaceandbodyart

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Airbrush/Painting Hair Empty Re: Airbrush/Painting Hair

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 11:46 pm

I've seen it done with stencils... just held over the hair and sprayed with the regular airbrush make-up. On darker hair, spray white first, then the colours.

I've use sponges to apply cake face paints, and my hands to apply creams to hair too...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:49 am

Spray the hair with hair spray first not critical but it does a few things -
keeps the hair in place for ease of application and a better looking design and acts as a barrier when applying makeup to clor treated hair. As grey and very highlighted or stripped hair can pick up the makeup color.

Then airbrush is your best application. Use water based makeup like Mehron Liquid only.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down