Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Challenge Topic/Length: Please VOTE!

+2
Captain-Savvy
Metina
6 posters

Go down

Vote on next challenge

Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_lcap11%Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_lcap11%Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_lcap22%Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_lcap6%Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_lcap0%Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_lcap0%Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_lcap22%Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 4 ]
Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_lcap6%Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 18

Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! Empty Next Challenge Topic/Length: Please VOTE!

Post by Metina Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:21 am

Hiya,

I know we are getting into our busy time and I wanted some feedback on the challenges thus far.

Do we like the one month or two month challenges?
What are some challenges you would like to see? Maybe you have a design you are just dying to enter or you have a topic that you need some help with and would like to see step by steps?

Here are some ideas I was considering:
1. Cheek Art Challenge
2. Flower Challenge
3. Monster Challenge
4. Fairy Challenge
5. Princess Challenge

Please feel free to add comments, voice your frustration, suggestions and vote!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! Empty Re: Next Challenge Topic/Length: Please VOTE!

Post by Captain-Savvy Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:45 am

Fairy Challenge, Two Months... gives everyone more time to enter... and also faries are just fun Very Happy
Captain-Savvy
Captain-Savvy

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://captain-savvy.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! Empty Re: Next Challenge Topic/Length: Please VOTE!

Post by LoneWolf Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:01 pm

All are fun, so can't decide..
One or two month, I will probably enter at the last minute any way *lol*
LoneWolf
LoneWolf

Number of posts : 1340
Registration date : 2008-10-04

http://www.lone-wolf.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle Heffner Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:50 pm

I prefer the 1 month- I think there would be the same number of entries regardless of length of the contest, and I prefer more contests for the more oportunities to win and the greater amount of ideas.

I also prefer for contests entries to only be those which we can use to improve our day to day skills, not elaborate pictures, using lots of products or brushes. But that's just my beef Smile

~Michelle Heffner
Bright & Shining Face Painting
Columbia, MD
Michelle Heffner
Michelle Heffner

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2008-09-05

http://brightandshining.com/face_painting_blog

Back to top Go down

Post by AngieAnders Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:12 pm

I prefer one month, for the same reason as Michelle. Most everyone will enter in the first few weeks. Since only 9 will make it to actual voting, I don't anticipate very many people entering more than one design per contest. I can see the necessity for this, but I know it will (or is already) effecting how many entries we are getting for contests. Neutral

My personal beef is the necessity of providing step-by-step photos. tongue They are invaluable for newbies or even oldies, but it is hard for me because I have tons of fun designs that I can't enter because they were taken while working, etc, and I don't have step-by-steps for them. I am so crazy busy that there's no way I can dedicate time to painting step-by-step designs for a contest. Crying or Very sad I'm not really asking for the rules to change. Just whining a bit. Wink

As for the poll, I think fairy faces sounds great!
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:51 pm

I agree with Angie about the step photos... so often I just don't have them to go with a good photo/design and no time to duplicate...

Back to top Go down

Next Challenge Topic/Length:  Please VOTE! Empty Next Challenge Topic/Length: Please VOTE!

Post by Winger1200 Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:37 am

I agree with Angie & Shannon. Im so busy at gigs to get photos and I don't have models handy at home so it's hard to get a good step by step for my best designs.
I liked the ideas that came for holidays, like the Marti Gras, that was awesome! My Angel Heart design would be great for Mothers Day and the Marlin for Father's Day, and wouldn't ya know, I thought of it after I entered them in this months contest.
As you can see from my pallet, just about everything I paint is with split cakes and I hope to get at least one photo at the gig tonite.
Happy Painting,
Susan
Fantasy Faces For You!
www.SusanLeeBillings.com
Winger1200
Winger1200

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-11-15

http://www.SusanLeeBillings,com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:01 am

To keep it fair and helpful, the step by steps are the best way to keep everyone on a even playing field so to speak.

If you could just enter any photo you had, then those with tons of finished photos could enter loads, and would turn this into how other contests are run, which I don't want. I wanted the contests to help those on the forum, as well. This is why I reward with a prize for the effort.

If you have a design you want to enter, take the camera with you on a gig. It really would take less than a minute to take step by steps of your work while your are painting. I know the finished product might be better on another photo, and please feel free to use the best "final" photo you want.

Also, feel free to do the step by steps on your leg or arm if that would make it easier for you.

Thanks for the feedback!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:12 pm

I am giving the voting till tonight and will post the new challenge in the morning. The threads are all started. I will also get the April vote poll up tomorrow as well. Just want to make sure we don't have any last minute suggestions.

Metina Smile
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Fri May 01, 2009 7:03 am

Looks like the most votes for topic were fairy and the most votes for duration were 1 month. There you go!
Metina
Metina
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down