Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some advice pweese? (body painting)

4 posters

Go down

Some advice pweese? (body painting) Empty Some advice pweese? (body painting)

Post by Captain-Savvy Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:20 pm

I got a call last night while I was at my night job about a body painting job in a town two hours away for a fashion show in April. Apparently they have 8 girls who are going to be painted and standing out in the audience; however, I couldn't get much information at that time. I -just- started advertising and I was totally surprised about that call- I was expecting to be contacted about kids parties. XD I have to call them back and talk more about it, but as I've never done an official body painting job (outside of practicing on myself or friends and family), I'm not sure what to do! I hate to turn them down because I seriously need the funds and exposure. I worked out these qestions to ask; what the girls will be wearing (ie. how much skin will be showing), if the show runs for only one night, how elaborate they want the designs to be, and if they'll want me on hand for touch-up work.

Also, I've been using mainly Snazaroo since I started. What's best for body painting on someone who's going to be out in a crowd? My funds are really tight so I need to choose my supplies well!

Thanks a bunch <3

Savvy
Captain-Savvy
Captain-Savvy

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://captain-savvy.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Some advice pweese? (body painting) Empty Re: Some advice pweese? (body painting)

Post by WyndyO Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Savvy, I have only done some preggy bellies, henna and hand painted tatts so far in my "body painting" part of the biz. I have gotten a few calls for a notoriously rowdy Key West event (which I was not prepared for - so I had to question if I really wanted to paint a nude married couple in their hotel for a festival- I just hadn't thought about it so I wish I had handled myself more professionally).

My only recommendation is to know yourself what your comfort levels and personal boundaries are and ask alot of questions. For your protection and because this is a new venture you want to explore I would also maybe recommend bringing along an "assistant" to keep everything "kosher" and they can help organizing which models get seated or ready for painting, managing, posing, fresh water, set up and take down, sponging bases, etc...

I know some people use Green Marble(I think it is recommended for Snaz), or Mehron Paint Seal, still other instructors whose classes I attended just overspray with hairspray to extend the life and integrity of the paint.

Let us know what happens.
WyndyO
WyndyO

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-11-11

http://www.wowfactorypaint.com

Back to top Go down

Some advice pweese? (body painting) Empty Re: Some advice pweese? (body painting)

Post by AngieAnders Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:47 pm

I don't do body painting, but I would suggest you bring on a "partner" for this job, someone who has some experience with it. It's a win/win. They can help you and teach you how best to do it, plus make you look good for your client, and the person you bring in will get a hopefully well paying job and make a new friend in the process.
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:55 pm

Okay... first, Snaz sucks for body painting. Best to use something a bit more durable - Kryolan or any of the other brands.

How much painting do they want on 8 girls? I painted 6 girls with tops only (with logos) - 2 halters, 2 t-shirts, 2 corsets - for New Years Eve and it took 7.25 hours WITH an assistant also painting. And we were using transfers to get the logos right too, which speeded it up.

You need to find out EXACTLY what they are wanting. If the girls will be wearing tops and bottoms and all they want is a design over all the skin and cloth, that is quicker than doing something solid...

You really need to know 1) what they want IN DETAIL 2) how long they want it done in 3) Where they want it done (at their location, your location, live in front of an audience... 4) how long does it have to last and look good/what will the girls be doing...

Once you know that it is easier to decide it you want to do it/can do it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain-Savvy Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Many thanks, y'all! Smile I shared my rates and got all needed info. I'm going to see first if I can find someone to go with me to this job before I officially accept it.
Captain-Savvy
Captain-Savvy

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://captain-savvy.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Loretta Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:17 pm

Good for you. Going as a side-kick may not put all the $$'s in your pocket - but you will be amazed how much more confidence you'll gain by interning. Then you'll glide into painting bodies nicely.

Snaz 'll work but start playing with some different brands if you get into bodies - Kryolan, Wolfe, Paradise/Merhon.... all just have more pigment and work well in body art.

Frankly 8 models! Your opting for design work here - not full body art.
On these jobs lets just say I love my airbrush and my airbrushing skills .
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down