Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for Birthday Party...pics please!

+2
SuzySparkles
aussiemarie
6 posters

Go down

Ideas for Birthday Party...pics please! Empty Ideas for Birthday Party...pics please!

Post by aussiemarie Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:27 pm

I have a TWO YEAR old's birthday party coming up in 2 weeks! Can you help me with photos of ideas? The kids will be anywhere from 2 to 10 years old. Mostly girls but one or two boys...This is my FIRST private, at home birthday party. I want to do it well! Plus, what would be a good, inexpensive gift for the 2-year old birthday girl? What do you do?
aussiemarie
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Ideas for Birthday Party...pics please! Empty Re: Ideas for Birthday Party...pics please!

Post by SuzySparkles Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:33 pm

hm... Well, perhaps you should have a board of your own face painting designs before offering to do a party. I don't want to sound rude but I have my general designs for birthday parties, sometimes I will have a specific THEME that I am painting for that I may have a bit of trouble with eg: Starwars. and I may ask for help that way, but to ask for photos of designs from peoples portfolios for your first private party is a little much. Have you tried googling face painting ideas?

Unless I am totally wrong and you meant something else... I may have misunderstood you...
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Ideas for Birthday Party...pics please! Empty Re: Ideas for Birthday Party...pics please!

Post by AngieAnders Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Hi Marie! Just take the same designs that you'd normally bring to any event. The kids will choose from whatever you have, and will love it! If you don't use a picture board, make a sign with the choices you are offering. If they are too young to read, the older kids or parents can help them decide. I haven't noticed that age matters too much on design choices. 2 year olds love butterflies... 30 year olds love butterflies. LOL.

I used to give out gifts for the birthday child, but don't do that much anymore. I gave out Snazaroo's little theme packs so that the child could have fun painting her or himself after the party too. They run $3-$4 US. Bit any little surprise will do.
AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:34 pm

Generally they like the usual designs, butterflies, spiderman, princess, batman, etc. Most kids 3 yrs old & under don't like getting painted, so have a quick ball or some swirls & twirls planned. You most likely won't be able to paint a 2 yr old. I don't give gifts to the kids, so I'm not sure of a good idea. I used to give dollar store items, but with all the worries about lead in paint I didn't want to risk a cheap toy.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by aussiemarie Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks for the helpful ideas. It makes me feel so much better knowing to just go ahead and use what I am already familiar with doing! I have painted lots of kids but dont always get photos taken to add to my own photo board. Usually the painters on this forum are more then happy to share their "gallery" pics. I do love doing butterflies! Plus I have a cool "fairy eye" thing I do and I am developing a rainbow tribal pattern that just seems to flow and everyone likes it.
aussiemarie
aussiemarie

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2010-05-12

http://www.maconfacesfacepainting.shutterfly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pixieface Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:32 pm

It looks like from your website you are used to doing PPF events? Never having done either (yet) I am curious to hear what you think of one versus the other? I am in WNC as well - maybe we will get a chance to meet up/network some time. Good luck with your party!
pixieface
pixieface

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:42 pm

I don't think any hostility was really intended... there are some who have never painted anything before and book parties, then ask what kind of paints to use.

Most parties will have a wide range of ages, you shouldn't find a big difference between events and parties as far as preferred designs, just a slightly more relaxed time frame unless there are TONS of guests.
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down