Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PPF, How to get people to be painted?

+2
ChangingFaceDesigns
Psalmbook
6 posters

Go down

PPF, How to get people to be painted? Empty PPF, How to get people to be painted?

Post by Psalmbook Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:16 am

I'm working the Haunted House & it's been a very fun job, but very slow. The place is super busy. They started to 1st night w/ 400 people just that night. By Saturday they had over 1300 people go through the house. My problem, only 14 people wanted to be painted(and most were butterflies...grrrr!).
I really want to do this job & the Haunted House people love my work(it's as good as what their actors have... so maybe next yr I'll get to paint the actors... hope! Hope!).

Does anyone have any tricks they use to get their line going? Especially when it's an older crowd?
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

PPF, How to get people to be painted? Empty Re: PPF, How to get people to be painted?

Post by ChangingFaceDesigns Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:35 am

This is just a suggestion. Maybe do some DIY t-shirts with simple lettering that your kids or somone who is willing to attend the event with you can wear. They can read "Ask Me about my Face" or "Ask Me How You can get this Look" then do some really elaborate design on them and let them walk around the event location periodically.
ChangingFaceDesigns
ChangingFaceDesigns

Number of posts : 1559
Registration date : 2010-04-20

http://www.changingfacedesigns.com

Back to top Go down

PPF, How to get people to be painted? Empty Re: PPF, How to get people to be painted?

Post by AngieAnders Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:06 am

Paint a few for free to get things started? I've found that if I have NO customers, no one wants to come over, but if I have a few in line, people automatically feel comfortable coming to join in. Not to mention that there's no better advertising than to have some real-life faces walking around dazzling the patrons. Smile

I'm assuming you have a menu with pictures of what you are offering? Visuals are super important for PPF.

AngieAnders
AngieAnders

Number of posts : 1849
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.facesalive.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginacentral Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:12 am

Maybe if you can offer to have a place holder in line. My experience with the haunted places you have to wait so long in line and people are so anxious to go through that maybe they feel they will loose their place in line and or wont have time to get their face painted and wait in line too.

Ginacentral
Ginacentral

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by contrachapado Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:28 am

You could paint a simple, feminine design on yourself. Something to show the teens and ladies that it's okay for them to get painted, too. Would it suit the venue better to do walk-around face painting? That way you could paint people who are waiting in line and they wouldn't have to worry about losing their place.
contrachapado
contrachapado

Number of posts : 751
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Linda are you painting your own face?
I would in this case - something scary - but that's just me.
I agre with the freebie - but I only think you need one - usualy once someone is getting painted people stop to watch.
Are you at the entry or the exit?
People may be more inclined to get painted when they come out if they are lining up for something.
Also maybe consider painting your arms - I find this gets alot of attention and people who don't want their face painted get a zombie arm or tiger arm - or rainbow whatever.
I feel for you - I'm not a natural spruiker and I don't like singing my own praises - Good luck babe! Hope it picks up for you.
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:34 pm

I'm at the entrance, so I think I'll shift to the exit. I'm painting myself 1/2 zombie & 1/2 girly. I almost always go to gigs painted(unless it's just too hot & melty). The line holder might help. I do have a display board with various scary options & a few pretty options. I'm not going to totally give up on the job. It's not far from where I live & has future potential as it grows... so, hopefully if I invest a bit this year.... maybe it'll be better next year. I'm also hoping for an in with painting the actors... especially after 1 had to go to the emergency room to have the prosthetic mask removed.....
This is a pretty scary haunted house, so it's not a lot of kids. Mostly teens & adults.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginacentral Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:28 am

If its a lot of teens you may want to think about playing the twilight angle or the trueblood angle with fang marks. I know that SF has team jacob and team whatever stencils that other dudes name is i forget. ( i did read the books just cant remember) I can't remember if they are the power stencils or the glitter tattoo stencils. I do know they have some vampire glitter stencils.

Teen girls in particular love the glitter tats.
Ginacentral
Ginacentral

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down