Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Domain name help

Go down

Domain name help Empty Domain name help

Post by Fabtastic Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:12 pm

I was going to post this in the Technology section, but it wouldn't allow me to! So I will ask here instead.

I have decided on a business name, and the domain name that I want is held by one of those domain-name squatters. I know that you can buy the name from those guys but I'd rather not pay more than I have to. When I searched it on WHOIS, I see that it will be expiring in a week!! Who can explain to me in simple terms what is my best angle of approach to get this name for myself? I've never registered a domain that wasn't immediately available and am not sure what to do. If they don't renew it, can I snag it quickly or do they get a certain period of time to change their minds? Or is there some way I can put in some kind of predatory bid on it? I don't want to tip my hand to the squatters.

So excited at the idea of getting the dotcom for my chosen name! (Which I dare not say out loud yet LOL!)
Fabtastic
Fabtastic

Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2010-07-10

http://www.fabtastic.ca

Back to top Go down