Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting several pictures laminated on a single sheet..Cheat sheets!

+4
Deleena Cannon
Lady Jayde
BarbieSmith
Mirandas
8 posters

Go down

Getting several pictures laminated on a single sheet..Cheat sheets! Empty Getting several pictures laminated on a single sheet..Cheat sheets!

Post by Mirandas Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:17 am

Hello Guys!!
I have been breaking my head trying to figure out how to print several pictures on a single sheet and then getting laminate it.
I would like to have all the designs from my board on a small laminated sheet, so I can have them on small parties.
How can I do that??
I have seen them before and I just recently saw them at another thread where they use this link: http://neohiofacepainters.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/march-jam_2.pdf

Can anyone give me a clue where to start? confused
Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Mirandas on Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mirandas
Mirandas

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Getting several pictures laminated on a single sheet..Cheat sheets! Empty Re: Getting several pictures laminated on a single sheet..Cheat sheets!

Post by BarbieSmith Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:10 am

I am quite sure there is a faster, more efficient way, but I just "copy" and "paste" pics into Word, adjust size and color etc. right in Word (use EasyOffice.org for a FREE Word-quality program if you need one). Then print, let dry, and laminate. I bought a laminator at eBay - a great investment for me (especially since it was thirty dollars). Use removable "glue dots" or velcro tape to put on board (prefer the dots, found at craft stores). Voila!

Hope this helps, though like I said there are probably better ways,
Barbie
BarbieSmith
BarbieSmith

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2010-07-02

http://www.SweetScentsCandles.com

Back to top Go down

Getting several pictures laminated on a single sheet..Cheat sheets! Empty Re: Getting several pictures laminated on a single sheet..Cheat sheets!

Post by Lady Jayde Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:19 am

Mirandas wrote:Hello Guys!!

I have seen them before and I just recently saw them at another thread where they use this link: http://neohiofacepainters.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/march-jam_2.pdf

Can anyone give me a clue where to start? confused
Thanks in advance!!

Hi Miranda,
This is funny! That's the blog I created for our face painting group up here in Ohio! I had to look at the link a couple of time because it was so familiar! lol.
The way I do it is I paste my pictures into a Microsoft Publisher (I'm sure Word would work just fine) and play with the sizes to get them all uniform and just the way I like it.
I then send the the file off to my neighborhood Kinkos to have them laminated (they offer heavier laminate than I have at home) and the end result is a very sturdy, unbendable 'card' of my offerings.

Mine are double sided, so I number them and then release all but one card into the line. The one I keep, I have next to me for the kids to reference if they don't bring the line card with them. The only problem I've had is with parents deciding to hold the cards to fan with, in which case, I send my line manager to retrieve and put BACK into rotation. I've tried it with my home laminator, but the mangled sheet I get back makes me mad. Paying a little bit and having them heavily lamiated has solved that problem.

How did you find our blog? I'm just wondering if we're doing something right by accident, lol.
J
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbieSmith Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:52 am

Just want to let you know that once upon a time (last month, LOL) I stumbled upon your blog too! I don't know exactly how, but it would have been through a Google search - most likely for "setup" images Smile

Barbie
BarbieSmith
BarbieSmith

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2010-07-02

http://www.SweetScentsCandles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deleena Cannon Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:58 am

That looks great! I did something similar on my computer software called Picasa. It has a "Collage Creator". This is the saved version I have printed it off and had it laminated at Staples.
Please excuse the ugly bunny (strangely enough that design does not suit a 30 (ahem) something year old. I have a better picture now I better replace that. lol!

Getting several pictures laminated on a single sheet..Cheat sheets! 2010-010
Deleena Cannon
Deleena Cannon

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:02 pm

Well, I'm glad somebody's stumbling over the blog... I can hardly get our groups members to read it half the time... makes meetings interesting...
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirandas Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Lady Jayde wrote:Well, I'm glad somebody's stumbling over the blog... I can hardly get our groups members to read it half the time... makes meetings interesting...

I found out on this forum..I believe somebody was asking what kind of brush holder a couple of ladies were using, and she post the link..
P.S: I lov eyour set up..So neat! Very Happy
Mirandas
Mirandas

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirandas Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:40 pm

BarbieSmith wrote:I am quite sure there is a faster, more efficient way, but I just "copy" and "paste" pics into Word, adjust size and color etc. right in Word (use EasyOffice.org for a FREE Word-quality program if you need one). Then print, let dry, and laminate. I bought a laminator at eBay - a great investment for me (especially since it was thirty dollars). Use removable "glue dots" or velcro tape to put on board (prefer the dots, found at craft stores). Voila!

Hope this helps, though like I said there are probably better ways,
Barbie
I was hoping that too! Well I just have to keep playing with my software a little longer..Thank you for the link..and thanks for sharing...! Very Happy
Mirandas
Mirandas

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Mirandas wrote:

I found out on this forum..I believe somebody was asking what kind of brush holder a couple of ladies were using, and she post the link..
P.S: I lov eyour set up..So neat! Very Happy

Thanks! I'm almost rabid about my kit while I'm working. My kids and husband have turned my house into a wasteland...my kit is all I have left...I value it much. Embarassed
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:07 pm

Lady Jade,
I stumbled on your blog the other day & wondered if I knew the painters Very Happy
Very cool!
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirandas Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Lady Jade...It looks so neat and clean..I love the cases.
In my case, I have took over the dinning table with my paints and supplies...my husband always complaints that has no room even to put a glass on it... lol!
Mirandas
Mirandas

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirandas Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:08 pm

Whoooohoooo!! Finally figured out how to do them...
Made collages on picknic with a cool frame, figured out how to play with their sizes and paste them on my works doc. BUT How can I come up with a bigger page? LOL
Mirandas
Mirandas

Back to top Go down

Post by pjhamel Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:19 pm

I like using powerpoint. It's quick, it's easy, and you can resize the pictures however you want to. All I do is open a powerpoint page, click "insert picture," select the pictures that you want, and resize them. Plus you can create borders for the pictures.
pjhamel
pjhamel

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2010-01-23

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Naples-FL/Naples-Face-Art/15236981

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:33 am

I made a template in Word and just insert the photos... and I have my own laminator. It is how I do my displays and my Design Sheets that are retailed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirandas Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:25 am

Shannon, I tried to get your Designs Sheets, Wrote an e mail and I never hear back from her... Question
Mirandas
Mirandas

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:34 am

to make it bigger you could take it to office max and have it blown up and laminated to I think 11x17... I have done that before.
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:15 pm

Mirandas wrote:Shannon, I tried to get your Designs Sheets, Wrote an e mail and I never hear back from her... Getting several pictures laminated on a single sheet..Cheat sheets! Icon_question

Sorry!!! Are you still interested in them? PM me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayde Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:48 am

Shannon, Do you sell them directly or do we have to go through that site? I wouldn't mind having all of them...autographed if you please... Embarassed
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Back to top Go down

Post by miahna Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:47 am

I also wanted to mention that you can go to walmart.com and make a collage with your pictures. Mine was only about $10 shipped. It all depends on the size you want. It comes on picture like paper and then you can laminate it.
miahna
miahna

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-04-06

http://www.all-starjump.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum