Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

marketing through a charity fundraiser - ethical?

5 posters

Go down

marketing through a charity fundraiser - ethical? Empty marketing through a charity fundraiser - ethical?

Post by gallus Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:32 am

I'm Elaine, I'm new!

I've done some voluntary facepainting for our local children's hospital in the past. I was going to do it on a fairly regular basis - get permission from a child-friendly venue, set up, do the faces and ask parents for cash donations in return.

The hospital are happy, I have some venues ready.

Here's the question - would you think it's ethical for me to hand out my contact details at these events? I think I'd be daft not to use the free advertising - but would you consider it to be bad business practice?

thanks in advance...

gallus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

marketing through a charity fundraiser - ethical? Empty Re: marketing through a charity fundraiser - ethical?

Post by Psalmbook Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:15 am

There's nothing wrong w/ it. This is a way to get your name out there & it's perfectly ok. I put out my postcards, business cards, sometimes have a lawn sign up & have a folder for potential clients to fill out contact info. You can also put on your site a list of who you've worked for. Promoting your business won't take anything away from the good your doing for them.
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

marketing through a charity fundraiser - ethical? Empty Re: marketing through a charity fundraiser - ethical?

Post by CreateFaces Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:51 am

It's absolutely fine just as big corporate sponsors have their name advertised at charitable and fundraising events as well.

Though small, you are a business who is graciously helping to sponsor the event by volunteering materials and services, which should be noted.
CreateFaces
CreateFaces

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-09-15

http://www.create-a-face.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:25 pm

you should ALWAYS be giving out your promotional materials, whether you are paid for the event or not. What purpose would any business have to help charities if their name weren't plastered all over it in exchange for the help/money they provided??
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Judy Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:43 am

If you feel uncomfortable about handing out business cards, there have been lots of people on here who suggest putting paint removal directions on the backs of their cards. That way, when you give them a card, you are actually doing them a favor by telling them the best way to remove the paint!
Judy
Judy

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-08-01

http://www.facefx.info

Back to top Go down

Post by gallus Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:11 am

Thanks, guys - that's very helpful. I don't want to be accused of shameless self-promotion, but equally, a bit of self promotion would be quite helpful!

That's a smashing idea about the cards, Judy. I've made some aprons with my logo on them too, I should wear them.

Right ho, am off to draw up some paint removal instructions!
Elaine
x

gallus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down