Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know I'm posting way too much...

4 posters

Go down

I know I'm posting way too much... Empty I know I'm posting way too much...

Post by Bec Wed May 26, 2010 7:12 pm

but i just wanted to thank you guys for being so awesome. Like many of you, I'm sure, I'm on a budget. And face painting supplies can get kinda pricey when you see everything there is to get!! I had NO IDEA I could make my own split cakes!! I almost just bought like 5 of them. Instead, i went to Michaels and bought a shallow bead holder and am going to make my own tonight!! Just in time for my gig on saturday.

Anyway, thanks again. I just met you and i already love you!! flower
Bec
Bec

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2010-05-25

http://www.bbeautifulfacepaint.webs.com

Back to top Go down

I know I'm posting way too much... Empty Re: I know I'm posting way too much...

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky Wed May 26, 2010 9:07 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with posting a lot as long as you have somethign worthwhile to say. What I mean is it's really annoying if someone makes a ton of pointless posts just to increase your rank, which you obviously aren't doing. Quite frankly, I'm under the impression that it's normal to post a lot when you first join this forum. I jsut joined like... oh, idk, a month and a half ago, 2 at most and I've already got over 100 posts (I'm thouroughly addicted... I'm on here more than facebook now! oy... Rolling Eyes )

On the other note, good for you! I always admire people who take it upon themselves to make their own splits. I just can't do it. Part of it is because I'm lazy and don't have the time to make a nice one, and the other part is I jsut cna't bring myself to cut up one of my nice, pretty palletes... I just cringe when I try and just can't do it. So kudos to you! Hope they turn out beautifully.... OH! and take pics! We love, LOVE pics here!
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tash Wed May 26, 2010 10:01 pm

9 posts and you post too much? That's funny girl!
You got at least another 100 to go before you start thinking like that.
I'm always around here too, it is very addictive....always more to learn and try out for yourself.

Punky - I couldn't hack away at my cakes either - I know that cringing feeling so well. Sooooooooo I got my man to do it. Yes yes it's the chicken way out but after he attacked them I no longer had the cringing feeling.
The other option which I'm going to do when I finally get around to it is by cakes especially for making splits. I intend on buying wolfe neons and making up my own rainbow cakes...... in the long run it is cheaper .... and I go through rainbow cakes like water! Can never have enough rainbows!!
That said Bec - buy them from Metina, they arn't expensive at all and she will make up any combination you want, which is great because some of us are limited in colours and brands etc. She also has FREE shipping withinUSA.
Can't lose. Metina Rocks! (and so does her forum)!

I love you
Tash
Tash

Number of posts : 1883
Registration date : 2010-01-04

http://faceartbytash.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly - Formerly Punky Wed May 26, 2010 10:47 pm

Metina has free shipping in the US?!?! Shocked Gasp! I didn't know that!!! (show's how much of a n00b I still am on this forum). Hmm... paycheck comes next week... I may be budgeting a purchase from the forum shop very soon!
Tilly - Formerly Punky
Tilly - Formerly Punky

Number of posts : 1186
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 27, 2010 5:09 pm

Posting simply to increase your rank??? GASP I know I'm posting way too much... Icon_eek

I'm just a natural talker and always have an opinion to express... I know I'm posting way too much... Fresse

You can make a lot of things yourself... JUST NEVER MAKE YOUR OWN FACE PAINT!!! Or the FP Mafia will come and break your brushes! I know I'm posting way too much... Affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Perry Noia Thu May 27, 2010 5:47 pm

So, I take it you're happy that I mentioned this place Punky?? Very Happy Or upset that I gave you another addiction? LOL

I had to make a couple of split cakes when my paints from the forum shop came the other day, just so I could fit all my colours into my new case, because it only has 12 openings and I use 15 colours. Yes, only 15... pared down from 18 actually. I've found that I can do pretty much all the stuff I do with that. Anyway, the good thing with making splits is that you end up with two splits the same out of one cut Very Happy
Perry Noia
Perry Noia

Number of posts : 3523
Registration date : 2008-12-12

http://www.perrynoia.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down