Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transformers and Mermaids

+12
Miss Ronnie
elantaura
Psalmbook
ChangingFaceDesigns
Smiley813622
magicnewe
Tash
Tilly - Formerly Punky
JBax
Debi's Doodles
SuzySparkles
Kristal
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Transformers and Mermaids - Page 2 Empty Re: Transformers and Mermaids

Post by gorjessfaces Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:42 pm

ok so if you pull the card....those are licenced images and i need permission.. what about the other images on your board that are licenced character eg.. spiderman, batman, hello kitty ect ect. i worried that if i say that a parent is going to have this comeback and i will be stuck!
gorjessfaces
gorjessfaces

Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2011-09-06

http://www.gorjessfaces.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:16 pm

Don't have licensed images on my board and don't use the proper names of "similar" designs.

I will do TMNT, Spidey, Optimus Prime... but don't put it up there.

If you have images on your board that are licensed or trademarked you might want to take them down if it is a concern. Some aren't bothered but some are (Disney, the purple dinosaur company, etc.)

And we all have the right to refuse to paint something... Honestly, I have told kids "sorry that design will take too long" if they ask for something that I could do, but it will take 15 minutes and I have a line an hour long and only 45 minutes left.

I don't limit their choices to what I have on display, but I do reserve the right to refuse a request for any reason I deem valid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:45 pm

@Magicnewe- There's a material you can get that Provo Craft sells that is specifically for reusable stencils, but it's adhesive backed. I've heard you can also cut 10mm Mylar sheets if you have a deep cut blade, but I've never tried it and I no longer have a Cricut Crying or Very sad so I can't test that theory.
Stacia
Stacia

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2010-07-13

https://www.facebook.com/BoiseFacePainting

Back to top Go down

Post by Laurie Shoultz Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Where do you get 10 mm Mylar sheets.
Laurie Shoultz
Laurie Shoultz

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristal Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Thanks Sue!

Usually I am really good with saying no, and using the licensing line - though that's usually when I have a line. This was a birthday that was supposed to have 30 kids and ended up having 8. Normally I'm good with copying a design from a photo, but this was...not good. LOL. I've said no often, but this time I figured with less than half the kids I could spend a few more minutes on a new design, since it usually works out well.

I think I'm going to go back to saying no, haha. There are some really annoying parents out there though who insist on things you don't do...I figure it's squeaky wheel syndrome.
Kristal
Kristal

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.faceaballoonza.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:51 am

Ha... Pushy parents don't bother me... I push back, and give the "the look"... Not much intimidates me... 'bout the only thing was the T-rex on the Jurassic Park ride at Universal Studios...

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristal Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:58 am

Haha...you're a tougher cookie than I, and I *can* be (usually am!) tough. Do I look too young to be legit? lol

I do reach my boiling point fairly quickly though, so on the rare occasion that I do give in, it's because I either do that or I feel like I'll boil over Razz Again, don't mind being tough too much at a public event, but it's a different dynamic at a private birthday.
Kristal
Kristal

Number of posts : 1587
Registration date : 2009-03-10

http://www.faceaballoonza.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Psalmbook Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:14 pm

I hate painting Transformers. I think I would pay a child to pick another design Very Happy
Psalmbook
Psalmbook

Number of posts : 7642
Registration date : 2010-03-09

http://www.wix.com/psalmbook/Lindas-Face-Painting

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamezgirl Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:35 pm

I refuse to do hockey logos... too much detail. So I just tell the people that ask that those are Licensed images and I can't paint them without permission (BTW that only works if you haven't been hired by the team... FYI Rolling Eyes )[/quote]

Shannon, I painted at a restaurant in Scotiabank Place, where the Ottawa Senators play...the rest. is OWNED by the guy who owns the team...and I wasn't allowed to paint the logo. WHEW!!!! lucky...but...still funny!
Gamezgirl
Gamezgirl

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2