Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Face painting during mardi gras

2 posters

Go down

Face painting during mardi gras Empty Face painting during mardi gras

Post by csanlop Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:19 pm

hi everyone!

I wanted to know how to become a face painter during mardi gras in new orleans.
My friend and I were thinking of going out there to face paint feb 2016 but don't have a clue how to go about it.. Do face painters out there rent a booth/ space out there? Get hired by company? Or can we just walk among crowd and pick a corner and face paint? Is money good im hoping yes. So if anyone out there has face painted during mardi gras or knows how that typically works i would appreciate any tips.

csanlop

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Face painting during mardi gras Empty Re: Face painting during mardi gras

Post by Sweet Loretta Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:16 pm

The best way to paint in NO during Mardi Gras is to have a space within a business or get hired out right.   So it requires a far amount of networking and contacts before you head to NO. Like any major city NO has laws and you need a mobile vendors permit to work on the street. NO has a special permitting process for Madi Gras. It is easier said than done during MG in NO to just walk out and find a corner.

My suggestion is if there is any event you want to do you use this year as a pilot trip and make 2017 your profitable year. Meeting painters who are already established in will greatly help you.
Sweet Loretta
Sweet Loretta

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.sweet-loretta.com

Back to top Go down