Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much white do you keep on hand?

5 posters

Go down

How much white do you keep on hand? Empty How much white do you keep on hand?

Post by Hoodat Whatzit Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:51 pm

Seriously... I know I've been practicing a lot (guess I should be careful of what colors I use all the time) but I seem to be flying through my most recent cake.

Those of you who are working regularly... how often are you restocking?

I'm hoping I"m using so much because I've been painting display pics on face printouts in sheet protectors... it's been taking heavy paint to make the colors opaque.

Hoo

Hoodat Whatzit

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

How much white do you keep on hand? Empty Re: How much white do you keep on hand?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:23 pm

When I order white I get the largest size possible and in multiples of 6-10 at a time.

White and black use up fast and I need to top off my palette at least every month.

I try not to have to order more than once a year as I have to have it all shipped.

Back to top Go down

How much white do you keep on hand? Empty Re: How much white do you keep on hand?

Post by LittleMonsters Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:25 pm

I bought a 90g DFX White and thought "THIS WILL LAST FOREVER!" Apparently it doesn't... almost out of it... I just made a recent order and the Shop didn't have any left so I bought a 50g TAG White... haven't used it for line work but shouldn't be too different but I also bought this one so that I can always get another DFX at another time and chop up that 50g white for splits.
LittleMonsters
LittleMonsters

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2014-08-30

http://littlemonstersfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:32 am

I usually try to have a minimum of 3 Cameleon white and three Global Strong Black on hand. At this moment, I have 9 White: 5 DF/X White 90g, 3 Cameleon White 32g, 1 Global White 32g.
There is always a shortage of white face paint in the summer, so I try to keep fully stocked. I take advantage of sales from September until May. The facepaintforumshop.com has an excellent volume discount. Get together with other face painters in your area and share shipping costs and get a bigger discount.
Happy Painting
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoodat Whatzit Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:04 am

Thanks for the info! I will definitely be ordering more to have it on hand.

I'm about ready to try my hand at some split cakes. I've been watching the Wolfe brothers on FABATV and I like the idea of a neon and a regular color in the same pot.. or just complimentary colors.

I"m still figuring out what I like to use and how I like to use it. The thrill of the one-stroke Tag cakes is wearing off...they are so small. I just got some larger Prisma cakes to try out and I think I"m going to like the bigger containers.

Hoodat Whatzit

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2014-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:35 pm

I have 5 wolfe of 90gr each color on storage, but I always repot it in a little container just enough for a busy weekend, that way I always have unused clean paint at home.
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:07 am

when i order black and white. I usually order 2 of each at a time. and i order ever few months and usually when im getting low. I try not to buy what i don't really need.
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum