Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I did while watching the Superbowl

5 posters

Go down

What I did while watching the Superbowl Empty What I did while watching the Superbowl

Post by Linda Adams Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:54 pm

Yeah, it was a great football game with some good commercials & the Who! OK.....Roger Daltrey can still sing. Townshend, not so much....
but the game rocked!!!
and while it was going on I decided to do some henna, my first.
Here are some photos of my hand & my two daughters. Any tips would be appreciated as this is so new to me!

I bought a henna kit from the convention in Connecticut and mixed it myself. It was a small henna kit from Amerikan Body art. (the essential oil mix was really nice and not too over powering)
I was using a jac bottle, which was killing my thumb after the second henna. So I'm guessing if I want to do this I'll need to learn to roll cones out of cellophane?

What I did while watching the Superbowl My_fir11
Linda Adams
Linda Adams

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-04-30

http://www.NotQuiteWarpaint.com

Back to top Go down

What I did while watching the Superbowl Empty Re: What I did while watching the Superbowl

Post by JBax Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:13 pm

Que linda, Linda!

I've been wanting to try out henna but am scardy cat and procrastinator.
JBax
JBax

Number of posts : 1890
Registration date : 2009-08-30

http://www.eyecandyarts.webs.com

Back to top Go down

What I did while watching the Superbowl Empty Re: What I did while watching the Superbowl

Post by Linda Adams Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:22 pm

yeah that's me too the great procrastinator.
You can tell from the squiggly lines on the 2nd & 3rd ones that my hand was killin' me.

Kat Beringer taught the class in CT and told us to practice with chocolate icing mixed with a bit of water to thin it to henna consistency.
ya gotta love those mistakes...
you can lick them right off your hand! HAHA!~
Linda Adams
Linda Adams

Number of posts : 563
Registration date : 2009-04-30

http://www.NotQuiteWarpaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by glendaoneill Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:22 am

I like the sound of the chocolate!

I think you did brilliantly with the designs, Linda!
glendaoneill
glendaoneill

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzySparkles Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:18 am

I love it!!
SuzySparkles
SuzySparkles

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Metina Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:09 am

They look pretty darn good to me. The tricky thing with henna is finding the balance of what looks good when it is first done and looking good as a stain. When I took the classes at Fab, the thinner lines on one design looked great when first done, but didn't make as great of a stain. On the other hand a girl did a design with fat lines, which didn't look so great at first, but stained beautifully.
Metina
Metina
Admin

Number of posts : 3708
Registration date : 2008-09-04

http://www.facepaintforumshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down