Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those attending the East Coast Convention (Connecticut)

5 posters

Go down

For those attending the East Coast Convention (Connecticut) Empty For those attending the East Coast Convention (Connecticut)

Post by Lady Jayde Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:54 pm

The convention starts in about 10 days and while I'm preparing for the respite from housework and business crap, I'm replaying 2014 in my head. Last year was an interesting experience because of the number of new people I got a chance to meet (some for the first time ever). This convention offers a warm, inviting place to hone your skills and to network with people who are in the face painting trenches with you.
It's not all roses and unicorn glitter farts, but if you can adjust to the multitude of personalities, you'll be fine. This is one that I recommend new painters attending before taking on the larger ones.

The one thing that sticks in my mind though is that last year I happened upon a few people who were pretty much doing the wallflower routine because they didn't know anyone (yes, I WILL come up and speak to you and drag you into the fold). If there's one nugget of advise I'd offer to new attendees, it would be to take advantage of this opportunity to step outside of you box and introduce yourself to people. The presence of cliques and clique mentality is pretty much discouraged at the convention so never feel like you can't join in a group of people who are sitting around being silly or just chatting. I've gotten to know quite a few wonderful people simply by snagging a new face while he/she was walking around alone (and unprotected Twisted Evil ).

Keep in mind, we are all in this crazy business and we all have different strengths and weaknesses (my major weakness is that I don't like to paint in front of other painters...why? I have no idea...but I usually paint in my room or when forced, in a class). Why not just jump in and see how you can stretch and grow? Nobody's in this by themselves...just remember that.

I can't wait to see and meet everyone ... just remember...I'm the normal one...ignore the rumors to the contrary!

CJ

Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

For those attending the East Coast Convention (Connecticut) Empty Re: For those attending the East Coast Convention (Connecticut)

Post by PaintFreak Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:34 pm

What a warm and inviting attitude! I wish I could meet you, but I live on the left coast. But I'm attending FPU:LA in about 15 days, so I will take your good advice to heart--I'm one of those wallflowers.
PaintFreak
PaintFreak

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2014-10-31

Back to top Go down

For those attending the East Coast Convention (Connecticut) Empty Re: For those attending the East Coast Convention (Connecticut)

Post by Lady Jayde Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:43 pm

Please do! My inner child is a wallflower so I tend to look for people who are by themselves...they dilute the weirdness of the regulars. So far we haven't lost one yet, though we do get strange looks! Enjoy FPU!
Lady Jayde
Lady Jayde

Number of posts : 1844
Registration date : 2009-08-10

http://www.imaginastic-facepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaintFreak Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:00 pm

I like to think of myself as normal but I like weirdness--keeps things interesting. But maybe I'm weird to everyone else who thinks they're normal! Laughing
PaintFreak
PaintFreak

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2014-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJJJ Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:17 pm

This was my first convention a few years ago and it was instant warmth and welcome! Well said, Lady Jayde, and kind, too, to be the noticer who goes and greets people! Have fun!

JJJJJ

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:21 am

She is NOT normal. So humour her if she does snag you. It is safer. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:48 pm

I'm looking forward to painting at the jam and need some models so any wallflowers can get some flowers on. Smile

D.
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JennVenn Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:30 am

Lady Jayde thank you so much for the tips and encouragement to mingle. I am attending for Saturday and Sunday. It is my first ever convention! Woohoo! So quick question...What are we suppose to bring as far as supplies and tools? I have an idea but wanted to make sure I didn't forget anything Very Happy Thank you sooo much
JennVenn
JennVenn

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2013-11-02

http://www.ncfacepaint.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down