Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

costume and wig resources

3 posters

Go down

costume and wig resources Empty costume and wig resources

Post by Kasia Nowik Art Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:54 pm

Hello everyone!

I was thinking for the holiday season to dress up like an elf while I paint and also was looking into a fairy princess costume for a future princess themed birthday party. Do you folks know of any good quality and not too expensive places to buy costumes, especially nice bright colored wigs? thanks for any input!
Kasia Nowik Art
Kasia Nowik Art

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

costume and wig resources Empty Re: costume and wig resources

Post by missmolly Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:21 pm

I find the best way for me to get costumes is to make them myself, however this isn't any cheaper than buying them from local costume stores ($30-50) but I find the quality far better.

However, understandably that's not an option for everyone. I use aliexpress for my wigs and have looked at costumes on there. You can pick up a snow white dress for $20 or less, I just recently bought Elsa and Rapunzel wigs their total cost was around $35 (all of the pricing I'm quoting is in Canadian dollars.) Almost all of the sellers have free shipping and neither my mother in law or me have encountered any customs/duty fees.

What's great about Aliexpress is that they offer buyer protection, ensuring that if the item you receive isn't to your expectation you have options to receive a full or partial refund, a new item sent to you, etc.

I definitely recommend that if you have sewing skills to make your own costumes, it's worth it in terms of the quality you receive for your money.

I have an elf costume planned out for the 2015 holiday season (currently I'm borrowing one,) that's a no-sew tutu, tons of instructions for making one are online, and a simple white fleece (so that it doesn't have to be hemmed) 3/4 sleeve top I'm drafting a pattern for based on a shirt I like the fit of. I'm cutting the edges of the fleece top into points and putting bells on it, and then using red and green felt to make a hat, shoe covers, and holly appliqués for the collar of my shirt. Feel free to use this idea, if you're interested I can provide more instruction on the pattern drafting and reference to the tutorials for the tutu construction.
missmolly
missmolly

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2014-04-20

http://www.kookyclowns.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:10 pm

I get my wigs here
http://www.gothiclolitawigs.com/

EXCELLENT realistic quality. Nice and soft and thick.

Best prices for the quality too.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down