Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free form designes and metallic blue paint.

3 posters

Go down

Free form designes and metallic blue paint. Empty Free form designes and metallic blue paint.

Post by Painted Dragon Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:45 am

It looks like I'm going to be painting at my daughter's dance recital. Her teacher wants some sort of eye design with white swirls and silver or something. The outfit is a light metallic blue.

Any color suggestions? I've been trying to figure out what color blue would be best. And do any of you have any pictures that I could um, get some ideas from. I've never been the best at free form designs.

She also mentioned about it maybe going down to the shoulder, since one shoulder is strapless and the other is not.
Painted Dragon
Painted Dragon

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-09

http://www.the-painted-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Free form designes and metallic blue paint. Empty Re: Free form designes and metallic blue paint.

Post by Painted Dragon Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:46 am

And it has to be on the quick side, since I have to get though like 15 girls.
Painted Dragon
Painted Dragon

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2009-04-09

http://www.the-painted-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Free form designes and metallic blue paint. Empty Re: Free form designes and metallic blue paint.

Post by possumranch Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:54 am

Free form designes and metallic blue paint. Eyeswi10

You could change the colors of this first one to silver and shades of blue with sparkle, and the picture below could be changed to a blue base with silver or white swirls? I have found these to be pretty fast as well!

Free form designes and metallic blue paint. 100_1210
possumranch
possumranch

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-12-18

http://possumranch.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcatfin Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:50 am

I'd go for a bigger brush, or a split cake with a sponge - bolder strokes & splashes will look much better. Don't think normal face paint designs as they will be far away from the audience so thick bold lines are all that will show up. And you need contrast with stage lighting or again, it won't show up at all.

Split cakes add drama FAST - imagine stuff like this simple design in blues and BOLDER/ bigger - took about 40 seconds and could be swirled down neck to shoulders etc. I make my own, is easy if you can face desecrating your paint cakes.
Free form designes and metallic blue paint. Img_2210

Poss something like snaz sparkle blue & white blend for the base with electric blue or wolfe metallic for the swirls & highlight in white if you like.

Um what else - oh try overlapping swirls etc in diff colours....
Sorry this is a rubbish doodle practice but you get where I was going?
Free form designes and metallic blue paint. Img_1010

try to think of the overall shape your swirls make rather than have them just sort of radiating from an eye - imagine a shape and fill it in with grace.
Free form designes and metallic blue paint. Cis_fa10

Don't have many pics handy, sorry!
Cat x
Wildcatfin
Wildcatfin

Number of posts : 502
Location : Mainly being a fairy face painter at Bewilderwood in UK
Registration date : 2008-12-16

http://www.bodypaintingbycat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down