Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wix -has anybody used this website service?

+10
sarahw
Bee Bumblebee
Giggle Loopsy
FacepaintingByTanya
Denise Cold
Party Picassos
gracie621
DebbieB
Misha
LisaLotek
14 posters

Go down

Wix -has anybody used this website service? Empty Wix -has anybody used this website service?

Post by LisaLotek Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:30 am

Hello Party People!

I am in the market to buy a Doman and start a website and I've read about Yahoo Business, Weebly, and Wix. I also read that Google is getting in on the Domain business as well and is going to offer webhosting/website service too, but that will come later on since they are in the Beta stage.

Anyhootie, I need to get get it started now and was wondering if anybody has used Wix? I'm leaning towards Wix more because their templates seem user friendly and professional. I'm not going to use the free service, since I'm not a big friend of their advertisement at the bottom of your website.

Any reviews? Good or Bad?

Thank you for your help.
LisaLotek
LisaLotek

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Wix -has anybody used this website service? Empty Re: Wix -has anybody used this website service?

Post by Misha Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:11 am

I use the free Wix. There was a definite learning curve since I'm not the best on the computer, but I'm very happy with the way it came out. There is a free mobile site available now as well! I do pay for my domain name and have it linked to my Wix site so I have a .com.  

Feel free to look at my site and give me some feedback! Very Happy
Misha
Misha

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Wix -has anybody used this website service? Empty Re: Wix -has anybody used this website service?

Post by LisaLotek Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:15 am

I'm not the best on the computer either, especially with HTML computer lingo. I like your website. It looks like you had fun making it.

Were you able to get a domain email? like info@wickedfunfaces.com?
LisaLotek
LisaLotek

Back to top Go down

Post by DebbieB Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:31 am

I use the Wix site. I chose to go with the free version. It is fairly simple to use and I didn't have any problems getting it the way I wanted it.
DebbieB
DebbieB

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-09-09

http://www.debsdreamydesigns.wix.com/debs

Back to top Go down

Post by Misha Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:03 am

I honestly never looked into getting domain email, I already had the yahoo one set up at the time.
Misha
Misha

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by gracie621 Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:07 pm

I currently use Wix and I think it's great. Free templates, drag and drop functions instead of needing to know HTML. I know Lisa Joy Young from youtube uses Wix now for her website.
gracie621
gracie621

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Party Picassos Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:20 pm

Another Wix domain face painter. I have been using their services for over 4? years and am very happy! I have had two different designs over time and it was great to use. I use their templates and then play with it until I am happy. I don't pay for the service and I got my domain through GoDaddy.com. I pay $6 per month for my site to be out in the web and it's all good. Take a peek! Good luck!
Party Picassos
Party Picassos

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-11-18

http://www.partypicassos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise Cold Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:25 pm

Yup...Wix. I just updated it if you want to look. Both the gallery and the front slide show were built in. I did size all the pictures in the gallery the same this time to make it more seemless but you can do that online with picmonkey.com. www.PaintedParty.com
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaLotek Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:22 am

Denise and Party Picassos, your sites look great. I really like them.
LisaLotek
LisaLotek

Back to top Go down

Post by FacepaintingByTanya Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:18 am

I am a former web developer... and I use Wix's free service. Why? Because I'd rather paint than code Smile Wix is simple to use, has solid templates and great tools and features. I own my domain, so just point it over to it and it's done. The little ad doesn't bother me, because it's a good service, and I phased out of developing websites a couple years ago because free services like Wix just made my level of coding outdated... gotta know when it's time to step away from the 3am coding sesh Wink The ONLY thing I do not like about Wix (and this could totally be user error because I have spent limited time looking into this): once you build a site using a template, you can't switch to a new template, without rebuilding the site. If someone knows a way to make this happen, then I would have zero Wix gripes at all... but I'm not finding it, and I do like switching up the site look more drastically than most.
FacepaintingByTanya
FacepaintingByTanya

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2013-04-17

http://www.facepaintingbytanya.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaLotek Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:22 am

confused Tanya,

I don't think it is an error on your part. I believe I saw that in a couple of reviews about users who use Wix. Do you have to keep paying for your Domain yearly?
LisaLotek
LisaLotek

Back to top Go down

Post by FacepaintingByTanya Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:30 am

Yes, I have the domain through GoDaddy and use dev promo codes so that only costs a few bucks a year. If paying to upgrade allowed me to switch between templates, I would do it, because honestly I like the flexibility in changing the entire design, and that's a limitation that makes Wix not perfect. I realize most people are happy once they settle into a template... I'm too used to having complete creative freedom, hard to let go of that.

FacepaintingByTanya
FacepaintingByTanya

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2013-04-17

http://www.facepaintingbytanya.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaLotek Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:41 am

That's a great idea. I just got Wix last night and bought the domain from them, but it ended up being $33 for the domain and protection and blah blah blah. It might be $15 year if I want to keep paying for it yearly, so that's a bit much every year. I will make the switch next year to Go Daddy.
LisaLotek
LisaLotek

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggle Loopsy Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:19 pm

Hi Lisa,

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but I thought I'd chime in.  =)

How is the site coming along?  

I used a customized Wordpress theme from Studiopress for my site.  I decided to pay a developer to customize it, which was expensive, but has made all the difference to me! I've gotten a lot of compliments from customers on the site and I swear it's made a difference in my bookings!

You can checkout the site here giggleloopsy.com.  I'm happy to answer any questions you have. =)

Oh, and one more thing... Taking the time to write copy for your sales pages makes a HUGE difference!  For example, I have a Google Adwords campaign in my area and when users click on my face painting ads, they land on a certain page on my website.  This page is custom made to receive them.

Thanks to customizing the page, it's increased my bookings from that page exponentially! You can see that particular page here: face painting denver page

Good luck and happy painting! Please let me know if I can help you in any way. =)

Giggle Loopsy
Giggle Loopsy
Giggle Loopsy

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2014-08-05

http://giggleloopsy.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaLotek Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Hey Giggle. Your website rocks and is a great inspiration. I like your pastel colors and your overall look.

Thank you for the tips!
LisaLotek
LisaLotek

Back to top Go down

Post by Bee Bumblebee Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:14 pm

awesome web pages ! thank you for sharing Smile

Bee Bumblebee

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahw Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:07 am

I use Squarespace for my design portfolio, and will probably use it for my face painting website, because it makes everything look and function well really easily. It's a little on the pricey side, but for me the ease of use is worth it.

I've never used wix but it seems like a really useful service.
sarahw
sarahw

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-12-28

http://sarahwinch.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:07 am

I am NOT computer savvy.
My website and domain are WIX.
It was fairly easy for me to create a website (with a lot of help from my tech-savvy teens).
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Painted Lady Wed May 20, 2015 9:02 am

I just switched to a Wix site after using Vistaprint for a few years.  It's sooooo much better! I was able to post a lot more photos in a gallery, it was easier to work with (granted, I do have a graphic design/illustration background) and I love how it turned out!  I'm doing a paid site, but totally worth it to me (and cheaper than Vistaprint was).  Please check it out and tell me what you think Smile www.thepaintedladyfaceart.com
Painted Lady
Painted Lady

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-10-21

http://www.thepaintedladyfaceart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwekwe Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:50 am

Yes I use it for my Filmmaking page madmohawkfilms.com I'd been using GoDaddy's at $1 month for a while then they jumped the price to $5 a month for a basic setup and I found Wix via an ad on YouTube Wink easy to setup and use

Kwekwe

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-09-29

http://www.madmohawkfilms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by artyfacesbyluz Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:54 pm

My website is wix, I pay $99 a year and I love it, I didn't do it myself but I receive a lot of complements from clients saying that is nice and easy to follow.
www.artyfacesbyluz.com
artyfacesbyluz
artyfacesbyluz

Number of posts : 956
Registration date : 2011-02-22

http://www.artyfacesbyluz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down