Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUGE event in Providence, RI. I need 10 Face painters!

3 posters

Go down

HUGE event in Providence, RI. I need 10 Face painters!  Empty HUGE event in Providence, RI. I need 10 Face painters!

Post by FelinaminceyCLC Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:48 pm

Hi guys! As luck would have it I have found myself on the planning side of a huge event at the Roger Williams Park Zoo. In honor of World Breastfeeding Month, The Rhode Island Breastfeeding Coalition has rented out the whole zoo and are opening it to the public in hopes of helping to further breastfeeding education and acceptance. We are expecting at least 1000 attendees. The idea of having face painters was originally squashed but I thought it was worth revisiting and fortunately so did the rest of the planning committee. I need 8-10 face painters who are current with their insurance who would like to set up at the event and work on a pay-per-face basis. It's all or nothing so if I don't get enough face painters together then they don't want it at all. The date is Wednesday August 6th 5-9pm. If your interested please call or text Felina Mincey at (813) 317-7275. TIA!
FelinaminceyCLC
FelinaminceyCLC

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-07-02

Back to top Go down

HUGE event in Providence, RI. I need 10 Face painters!  Empty Re: HUGE event in Providence, RI. I need 10 Face painters!

Post by fesspenter Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:00 am

Dear Felina:
I am interested in participating.
Do I have to breastfeed?
I do not think my 17 year old is interested in breastfeeding again. It has been 15 years since I last did that.

xoxox
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

HUGE event in Providence, RI. I need 10 Face painters!  Empty Re: HUGE event in Providence, RI. I need 10 Face painters!

Post by FelinaminceyCLC Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:53 pm

Lol, its a community event so non lactating folk are welcome, lol. If you can help me pull in as least another 6 or 7 painters that would want to do it then I would love to have you! I am not going to be painting faces at this one as I am the event chair... and my head would explode if I took on one more thing!
FelinaminceyCLC
FelinaminceyCLC

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:18 pm

1,000 attendees is not that many people for an event, at least in my experience, to warrant 10 face painters. Only a small fraction of people choose to pay for face painting at any given event. Even if half of them chose to - and they won't, especially after a certain time at night (since this event runs from 5-9pm) - that's 500 people divided by 10 painters = 50 faces, divided by 4 hours = 12.5 faces per hour.
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by FelinaminceyCLC Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:35 am

2/3 of the people will be children, the low number is 1000, the event has capacity for 5000 and we are being publicized more this year than last. Last year there were 2 face painters and the lines were so long people were getting upset and parents were fighting. I figured two thirds of the MINIMUM attendees expected getting painted would need 9 face painters to achieve 20 faces per hour. Last year kids were still waiting to be painted when the event closed.
FelinaminceyCLC
FelinaminceyCLC

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:21 pm

I'm just thinking like a business person, which, believe me, doesn't happen very often - but it still seems like too many painters to have for that number of expected attendees. I've never seen 2/3 of any event opt for face painting... unless it's free. I just don't think enough face painters will go for this when it's a ppf event. Not that's it's a waste of time if you have nothing else on the books.... but I think you'd be hard pressed to find enough that are local who don't already have a gig. And it's kind of a gamble for anyone to travel long distance for a ppf that is being split 10 ways.... But good luck to you! I hope it turns out great for you Smile Happy painting!
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:30 pm

Dear Felina:
At PPF festivals, I can do between 15-20 faces per hour. I have been clocked at 27 full faces in an hour, with a Line Manager taking the finished child out of my chair and leading them to the mirror, and putting the new child in my chair, already decided what they wanted. I am paid to be there so the face painting is free to the public.
If the lineups are that long for PPF, not enough is being charged.
Do the artists keep 100% of the proceeds?
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down