Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stains: Who cares?

4 posters

Go down

Stains: Who cares? Empty Stains: Who cares?

Post by cammidale Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi everyone! Until this week I have only used Paradise paints. I was excited to try Diamond FX after reading reviews. I ordered the light blue, as I am doing a Fourth of July event and thought it would come in handy. I did a butterfly on my own face but immediately removed it withing 30 seconds of application because I wanted to redo the shape. I was shocked at the stain left after not even a minute of wear. I've read that blue tends to stain but I was still surprised. I
'm nervous to use this at the event. Do you guys worry about staining or just let it be? Any tips for removal I can tell parents? I'm a really laid back mom and say it comes with the nature of facepainting. But I know many parents will not like that and I'd hate to leave a bad impression for one of my first paying gigs.

By the way, other than that, I LOVE the color and cosistensy of this paint and plan to order more. I also ordered the DFX neon yellow from Metina and oooh la la!
cammidale
cammidale

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-05-27

Back to top Go down

Stains: Who cares? Empty Re: Stains: Who cares?

Post by eviedejesus Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:13 am

On the back of my business cards, I have washing recommendations, which also addresses staining nd how to remove it. I don’t really worry about it unless a parent shows a concern ie: they ask “will this come off?, because she has a recital tomorrow.” I’m surprised that a “light” blue would stain so quickly but It wouldn’t keep me from using it if it’s a great color.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rthling Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:42 am

I don't worry about it too much. I mention that green and blue can be stubborn to remove, but a little baby oil will lift it right off.
Makeup remover works a treat, too.
Most people just shrug and say go for it.
rthling
rthling

Number of posts : 1830
Registration date : 2010-10-05

http://www.fancyfacesbydiane.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cammidale Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:24 pm

I know eviedejesus! I was pretty surprised too. I noticed that when I mist it with my little spray bottle, the water beads up into what looks like dark blue food coloring. I wonder if maybe I have an old one. It seems to work great though. No biggie. Thanks a lot y'all. I think I'll just use it sparingly or over other colors unless otherwise requested and mention it to those parents. I appreciate your responses. https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/herz.png
cammidale
cammidale

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by eviedejesus Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:42 pm

Actually now that you mention it that happened - (the color seperation) when I repotted my Paradise Light Blue. I heat it up a little to repot. I haven’t really used it much, but it probably stains just as bad. That only happened with one other color which was also Paradise (dark green) so I doubt that it was old stock. maybe just the nature of the paint tinting process.
eviedejesus
eviedejesus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2012-06-08

http://www.fantasyfacedesign.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest-Fairy Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:51 pm

MY question is WHAT did you remove it with?

If it was soap and water there shouldn't be too much of a problem. But I have a feeling you used some wet wipes on your table yes?

Using wet wipes to remove face paint actually pushes the colors further into the skin because of the oils in the wipes. I always tell my clients soap and water NEVER wipes.

Generally I don't even keep wipes on my table any more. I have a little spray bottle a soap/water mix, and a box of cut up paper towel squares. works SO much better for removing stuff, AND for cleaning the face. If you are using wet wipes with oils in them, then trying to paint with water colors over top its like.... well mixing oil and water lol.
Forest-Fairy
Forest-Fairy

Number of posts : 1672
Registration date : 2014-03-13

http://vancouverfacepainting.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down