Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My New Gun Case Kit :E

2 posters

Go down

My New Gun Case Kit :E Empty My New Gun Case Kit :E

Post by gypsy6974 Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:50 pm

I have researched kits and setups for a long time. I wanted something that I knew would take the awful drag out of lugging all that STUFF with me. I was tired of my collapsible wagon, scrapbook tote, over the shoulder bags and more trips to the car. I have seen many setups and cases but I wasn't feeling it. Then Tanya showed up on the scene, she was going through all the same things that I was. She had a wonderful plan and the results were awesome. I was inspired and this is what I came up with. Not as beautiful and creative as Tanya's, but I am happy with it. I would say it weights maybe 20 or so pounds.
First let me show & tell what I get to leave at home.

My New Gun Case Kit :E Th_FACEPAINTINGKIT011_zps03db19c8

This is just some of the things that stay home now. The other things that I have done away with are; 2,  4 ft. tables, 2, art bins, 1 large brush stand, a collapsible wagon, 3 table clothes, 2 laptops cases and one large plastic container with more FP's. I cut back by re-potting a little paint in one (medium but on the small side for me) plastic container along with all my one-strokes.

My New Gun Case Kit :E Th_FACEPAINTINGKIT2011_zps9e823dbd
My New Gun Case Kit :E Th_GUNCASE007_zps565575b8

This is the bottom layer of foam with some more FP and my Starblends.

Now top layer of foam.

My New Gun Case Kit :E Th_GUNCASE011_zpsa6ef423d
My New Gun Case Kit :E Th_GUNCASE025_zps5d6469f6
My New Gun Case Kit :E Th_GUNCASE2002_zps1c6a106b
I did not go with the brush case that took me a full day to make and re do and re do again, because I was worried that my brush bristles would touch the foam and the bristles would go astray. So, I tried something different after spending the day looking at other ways to attach the brushes. I wasn't sure about this because I don't want to be cleaning my case lid a thousand times a gig. Then, I would rather do that than take a chance of ruining my brushes. I knew the art bins had to stay home. I was tried of taking all the brushes out then lining them up in the brush stand. Too much time wasted! It seemed like I was doing a lot of wasting time by hauling too much stuff and setting it up, breaking it down and many trips to the car, FED UP and tired of that!
I still have a few tweaks to make. I need to put a hook on the opposite side of my case to tie the ribbon tight that will hold my brushes extra secure. I don't think it will need the ribbon but just in case. I also need to attach the glitter to something? I might glue some round Velcro holders in place. I will be finding new cases that will fit in the open end better than I have now. I also need to cut a piece of foam for the gems in the right hand corner of foam. I thought about cutting spaces for my liquid bling but I want to be able to hang them upside down when I work. I am happy and so grateful for Tanya's awesome ideas. What an inspiration. Thank you Tanya!!!
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

My New Gun Case Kit :E Empty Re: My New Gun Case Kit :E

Post by FacepaintingByTanya Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:30 am

cheers cheers cheers Home run!! Awesome job, I'm glad my bang-the-head-against-the-wall project gave you some inspiration!! Love the dog in the photo... my two always photobomb Laughing
FacepaintingByTanya
FacepaintingByTanya

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2013-04-17

http://www.facepaintingbytanya.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gypsy6974 Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:38 am

Yes she wanted me off of that chair and down on the floor at her level. I am so grateful for your wonderful photos and all the details that you listed. It was a hard job but I am so happy that it is finished. Now I just have to glue the Velcro strips. It's not too heavy and it can handle some more paint. I had to take a few days off because I was obsessed on this project and needed to clear my head. Once again thank you.
gypsy6974
gypsy6974

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum