Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another glow in the dark question

2 posters

Go down

Another glow in the dark question  Empty Another glow in the dark question

Post by SewDarnHot Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:30 pm

I have yet to do a glow party but just received my first request. I do have the Tag rainbow and have seen the comparison photos all looks good using them. My question is, can I get away with just using that for one event (about 40 kids) or should I get a small pallet - I am in love with one stroke and split cakes so I love my rainbow. I just do not know if that will be enough for one event or not.
Or what would be the lowest cost alternative (special colors to focus on, a split cake)???
Also, what can you recommend for boy designs at glow parties?
Thanks!
SewDarnHot
SewDarnHot

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2012-10-29

http://www.ArizonaFacePainter.com

Back to top Go down

Another glow in the dark question  Empty Re: Another glow in the dark question

Post by fairyfox Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:08 pm

First, Glow in the dark and Day glow are two very different things- So I think you are asking about Day glow, or Black light paint- right?? 
I would not recommend buying a pallet, here is why. Blue and Purple don't glow bright. Colors to focus on are hot pink(glows bright orange) yellow and orange. I'm sure someone has done a test strip. White is also awesome, but you need to buy special white that glows. I have a hand held black light- and that is awesome for last minute checks if something is going to glow. Remember that glow designs often don't look great in the light- so I would be able to hold the mirror up so they see the glow effects- and not the reg.
If you use stencils a lot, they are cool (and Fast!) with the black light events. Good Luck- it is super fun to do.
One last suggestion, suzie sparkles in the forum shop has a glow kit- and it is awesome. Paint only glows if it is a direct shot from the light (think shadows) but the sparkles are raised off the skin because of the gel, so the catch a lot more light. The effects are really nice. 
Another glow in the dark question  Imag2510
fairyfox
fairyfox

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2011-04-22

http://jacanaparties.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SewDarnHot Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:11 pm

Thanks for the help! yes it is a school dance and they are having a "rave" like event with uv lights, glow sticks etc.
SewDarnHot
SewDarnHot

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2012-10-29

http://www.ArizonaFacePainter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down