Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lets get the balloon section in here rolling for 2014

5 posters

Go down

Lets get the balloon section in here rolling for 2014 Empty Lets get the balloon section in here rolling for 2014

Post by barbb919 Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:03 am

I have grown to love balloon twisting so much that i find myself practice it much more than face painting..its much eaiser for me to practice balloons than face painting as I have no kids at home any more..I would love to see some new pictures from you guys for this year and what your plans are as well. As always thanks for sharing.
barbb919
barbb919

Number of posts : 2109
Registration date : 2010-03-23

http://tappysfacepainting.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Lets get the balloon section in here rolling for 2014 Empty Re: Lets get the balloon section in here rolling for 2014

Post by Michael Magick Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:55 pm

I will post where i can but i must tell you, that you are more versatile then I am im sure. my focus is and always has been about speed. I turn out fast recognizable balloons for events and parties. I do not do a lot of the really intricate balls as they would burn a lot of time and when a line is really long i do not have a second to waste. if that makes any sense lol.

I only do a few dozen balloons anymore.
Michael Magick
Michael Magick

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2013-02-24

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Belief-Magic/1166254450630

Back to top Go down

Lets get the balloon section in here rolling for 2014 Empty Re: Lets get the balloon section in here rolling for 2014

Post by Coral3 Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:50 pm

I'm only a brand-spanking-new balloon twister...I only just started having a 'play' with balloons very recently, so I don't know that I have anything 'worthy' of posting, but maybe I should just post anyway just to have some new activity in the balloon area?

I keep checking this section in the hope of finding new threads, but it seems like there are only a very few twisters using the forum-?

I'm finding that, so far, anyway - and admittedly with almost NO experience except for one Christmas event in a store where I handed out ONLY candy canes to all the kids who came through (doesn't count, right?) - I'm actually enjoying twisting more than I enjoy face painting. I like the fact that the success of designs is not dependent on whether a child will sit still for you or not. (Plus when a kids rock up for a balloon with a filthy face, I don't have to deal with it!!)
Coral3
Coral3

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Coral3 I hLets get the balloon section in here rolling for 2014 ?context=create&ref_dashboard_filter=calendarave to agree with you the balloon section doesn't get much action...I tried but its still not very busy...and i think some things have changed as I find it hard to get photos on here now...Im not here as much as I use to be. here are some of my lastest stuff
barbb919
barbb919

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:50 pm

[img]Lets get the balloon section in here rolling for 2014 Balloo13[/img]
barbb919
barbb919

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Magick Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:50 pm

nice work!
Michael Magick
Michael Magick

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2013-02-24

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Belief-Magic/1166254450630

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:29 pm

Thanks Michael
barbb919
barbb919

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:45 pm

I'm very new at twisting but I love it and I practice a lot .. Jut did Holly's t-Rex balloon and some from fabatv
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:49 pm

https://2img.net/h/i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad183/lovebrend/A75A4580-0683-41A0-A87D-CC06046709CB_zps8toabwhi.jpg
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Also helicopter from Michael Floyd
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:51 pm

Happy twisting everyone !
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:53 pm

great job on the balloons brenda
barbb919
barbb919

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral3 Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:12 pm

That's a cute rabbit, Brenda! I tried the rabbit from 'Mr Boma' on youtube yesterday, will see if I can get an okay pic to post. Not really happy with it though, turned out a bit 'not quite right'.

And we have that same T-Rex (also courtesy of Holly Hopper youtube tute) marauding through our lounge room here at the moment! ...although our t-rex ended up with a dark green tail, because his tail had ended up too short so it got replaced when I did the dark green 'spikes' along his back.
Coral3
Coral3

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Coral3 wrote:That's a cute rabbit, Brenda!    I tried the rabbit from 'Mr Boma' on youtube yesterday, will see if I can get an okay pic to post.  Not really happy with it though, turned out a bit 'not quite right'.  

And we have that same T-Rex (also courtesy of Holly Hopper youtube tute) marauding through our lounge room here at the moment! ...although our t-rex ended up with a dark green tail, because his tail had ended up too short so it got replaced when I did the dark green 'spikes' along his back.
Ur also are doing an amazing job! Congrats 

Let's keep balloon section alive !
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by funfacesbybrenda Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:33 pm

barbb919 wrote:great job on the balloons brenda
Thank u so much !
funfacesbybrenda
funfacesbybrenda

Back to top Go down

Post by barbb919 Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:14 am

Coral if you are just starting out...I would work on maybe some of the more s imple balloons. Im not saying stop the good ones and not to practice those..but when your twisting for lot of kids at a restaurant or a party..you need to be able to make the animal in1 to 3 minutes depending on the line or how big your party is.
i do 2 3 balloon animals at my restaurant and the kids are ok with them..the boys love swords.. I do a 2 balloon spiral. but i save the great balloons for the birthday child..and I will usually pretwist that one..
but please keep making the good balloons you are doing very well for just starting out.
barbb919
barbb919

Back to top Go down

Post by JENDZS Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:35 am

I was going to try to upload a couple of pics of some of the balloons I have been doing...but am having trouble with posting pics. I have gone to the topic - How to post your pics - 2 ways, but no help there. Seems the forum can't upload any new pics to the gallery and I can't get a picture from my computer on here? Do I have to have outside pic hosting?
Anyhow - I have been face painting for my hubby (a full-time magician) since 2002 and started twisting about 3 years ago. I started just doing it to help him, with much trepidation! But now, I really enjoy it...and have done a couple "marathon/endurance events" in the past year. Most of mine are relatively simple, 1-3 balloon sculptures, simply for the reason that I have to get a certain number of balloons done in a short time. I think I have a repertoire of about 20-25 different options, and I am looking to maybe purchase a DVD to learn some more intricate ones. Any advice from anyone on a good DVD for someone with a solid base?
JENDZS
JENDZS

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-11-15

http://www.facepaintingbyjen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down