Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiya Super newbie here!! Question about white paint and DFX and Tag

+4
veelux
maggie
nikkili26
jcburningham
8 posters

Go down

Hiya Super newbie here!! Question about white paint and DFX and Tag Empty Hiya Super newbie here!! Question about white paint and DFX and Tag

Post by jcburningham Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:46 pm

After watching a ton of face painting tutorials and seeing what everyone used on youtube. I made my first order today. I was just super sad I can't find wolfe white paint anywhere. Does anyone have a good source to get the wolfe white? I got some DFX white, is it similar?

I bought some tag split cakes as well. I am really excited to get them.

I also was looking at pallets to get started. I noticed tag and DFX have a some basic color pallets. Are there paints similar? I hear someone say in a youtube video that DFX and tag were similar....

Anyways, I am so excited. Now I just need to get them in the mail so I can practice and play.
jcburningham
jcburningham

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-11-30

https://www.facebook.com/littlemisstwist

Back to top Go down

Hiya Super newbie here!! Question about white paint and DFX and Tag Empty Re: Hiya Super newbie here!! Question about white paint and DFX and Tag

Post by nikkili26 Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Dfx is nearly the same. It comes from the same china factory.
I get my Wolfe white from my local party city/iparty. I ordered a huge 90g online from chitchat the clown but not received yet.

I like Wolfe better for simply the fact that it works more like opaque watercolor paint.... you can easily dillute it, as well as build a creamy consistency.the coverage with the right tool is flawless, and it is bold enough to stand out no matter how dark or bright the colors are underneath it.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Hiya Super newbie here!! Question about white paint and DFX and Tag Empty Re: Hiya Super newbie here!! Question about white paint and DFX and Tag

Post by maggie Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:25 pm

Hi there, welcome to the forum!
I use Dfx white and love it for line work and dots, very crisp and has good coverage.

I have both Dfx and tag and to me, they are very similar.
Have fun with your new paints!
maggie
maggie

Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2010-11-27

http://www.maggieplummerfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:46 pm

They do sell wolfe on the forum shop if you click the sign above...not sure if they have white though but you could ask I guess.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jcburningham Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:58 pm

I ordered from face paint forum, there is no Wolfe white. I also looked at silly farm. I guess I cam try to google it.
jcburningham
jcburningham

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:46 pm

Dear jcburningham,

For the last several months there has been a planet-wide shortage of Wolfe White.  

Wolfe White used to be the bomb - the quintessential white.  Now that the formula has been changed by some evil mad scientist, it is really not much different than a lot of whites out there.  Chameleon White is a good alternative, too - but there seems to be a shortage of that most of the time, too.
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:21 am

The Face Paint Forum Shop is the colourful rectangle in the top of this column. The prices are competitive and the shipping is FAST! They are out of Wolfe White and Cameleon White as of the writing of this missive. When the FPFS gets the Cameleon White in... I will buy more.

Happy Painting.
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by ambercat Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:44 am

Hi jc! I bought the DFX basic pallet when I first started and when I got them in the post, I just sat and gazed at them in wonder.... they were so gorgeous compared to the hideous cheap face paint I had bought at our local craft store!! Whether you buy TAG or DFX, they are both fabulous face paints!

I've had a bit of trouble with the last batch of DFX white I bought though... it goes very gloopy with just the tiniest bit of water! And the DFX black I bought a couple of months before, I need a ton of water to get it going... very hard for a new face painter such as myself to get the hang of these different consistencies! Shocked 

I've heard that Cameleon paints are lovely too... I wonder if I should try their white? I bought a Wolfe white, but it was one of the new batch and had the eye on the top... I found it no different to the DFX white.... I'd heard such great things about Wolfe white and I did so want to be able to paint teardrops over darker colours and have them brilliantly white... Maybe Cameleon is more opaque then?

Anyway jc... you'll love your new paints!!!! So exciting!!!! Very Happy 
ambercat
ambercat

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-04-25

http://kathy232323.wix.com/kathys-face-painting

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:52 am

no amber, dfx and wolf are very similar, and in my opinion, the easiest to work with, due to their sticky syrupy consistency....
you can use them dry for very bright concentrated color, as well as very thin for an opaque wash of color, and they layer and blend well for advanced techniques while remaining bold and vibrant.

to avoid a gooey mix, try not to saturate your paint cake.

I see lots of videos of people spraying the cake...don't do this.i just activate it with a damp sponge-work the paint into a bubbly froth, and then I paint.no goop.

with my brush load, I just wipe the color on...don't spin it around like you are stirring soup.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by jcburningham Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:22 am

Thank you above posts!!! I found some wolf white at chitchattheclown, and some other brushes too. They had red glitter that I can do a Rudolf nose with too. Can't wait to play. Thank you so much for the resource. The prices are a little bit better in the forum shop, but it is nice to have other places to find things you need just in case the forum is sold out. Very Happy 
jcburningham
jcburningham

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:30 pm

Omg, let me know when yours arrives! if I still don't have mine by then, I will be so upset Sad someone else ordered and got theres pretty quickly...
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by eva Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:51 pm

If all else fails, I can usually find the white on eBay. I just bought tag white to try, and so far so good. I don't mind paying more for Wolfe, when it was better, but now I can't justify the extra cash when it's gloopy.
eva
eva

Number of posts : 1108
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.cincinnatifacepainters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maggie Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:36 am

Eva, have you used DfX white? I love it! I also have tag white, but only use it for double dip flowers and my splits or rainbows.
maggie
maggie

Number of posts : 2677
Registration date : 2010-11-27

http://www.maggieplummerfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down