Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why a great photographer is worth it!

+2
nikkili26
Mehndi Masala
6 posters

Go down

Why a great photographer is worth it! Empty Why a great photographer is worth it!

Post by Mehndi Masala Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:21 am

Why a great photographer is worth it! 1466067_10151691513060044_697919277_n

I had a great model and photographer and almost all of the clothes and jewelry were my own. I really need to do more of these! For face and body paint or henna, if you can start trying to do some TFP, (time for print) photo shoots for your cards and advertising, give it a shot! This was done in two sessions...paste on and paste off two days later.

Why a great photographer is worth it! 1455114_10151691513035044_1098626460_n

Why a great photographer is worth it! 1391425_10151691513635044_1865040117_n

Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Why a great photographer is worth it! Empty Re: Why a great photographer is worth it!

Post by nikkili26 Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:33 am

Oh wow, you did both sides of her hands. gorgeous. tell me more about time trade please?do you pay for a model? How much?
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Why a great photographer is worth it! Empty Re: Why a great photographer is worth it!

Post by pattyofurniture Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:37 am

Stunning!
pattyofurniture
pattyofurniture

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Mehndi Masala Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:13 am

You hook up with people online or with photographers you know. ModelMayhem is a great website to find models and photographers but facebook often has model and photographer and mua groups. The premise is everyone wins. Model gets awesome art and not the 'same old' poses for her portfolio, Photographer gets some great portfolio shots that are not another wedding or family/kid/dog shot and he enjoys that variety and you paint something you normally would love to do but no one will pay for and get beautiful photos showcasing your artwork. Everyone is offering something. Models and photographers are not cheap and just like you, they do not work for free. BUT we all can get behind an 'art fest' where everyone wins. My only cautions is that even tho this is 'free', it's a professional arrangement. Contracts should be involved so everyone gets their photos and the instructions are clear. I do casting calls for models and photographers so I can get pix in the winter. (no time for these shinanagins in the summer! LOL)
Mehndi Masala
Mehndi Masala

Number of posts : 1314
Registration date : 2010-12-04

http://www.winnipeghenna.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tamarielpaints Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:32 pm

Kim -
These are absolutely gorgeous!

I'm curious, did the models do their own hair/makeup or did you also network with a stylist?
tamarielpaints
tamarielpaints

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://www.tamarielpaints.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGildedCat Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:47 pm

I agree with everything Kim said - contracts for sure so both you and the model know you'll get digital files from it that you can use. I LOVE doing TFP with certain photographers in the area - everybody wins.

Also, a "real" model is TOTALLY worth it. I never knew how much better pics would be when someone is experienced working in front of a camera and knows how to pose, it really makes a difference. And holy moly, modeling is HARD work when you see how they have to contort and hold their frame.
TheGildedCat
TheGildedCat

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2010-09-06

http://www.thegildedcat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thouartbeautiful Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:45 am

Very beautiful, all around! The model is also very stunning! <3
thouartbeautiful
thouartbeautiful

Number of posts : 731
Registration date : 2013-09-21

http://www.thouartbeautiful.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down