Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

waiting for my supplies!!!!!!!

+3
creativefunfaces
Michael Magick
nikkili26
7 posters

Go down

waiting for my supplies!!!!!!! Empty waiting for my supplies!!!!!!!

Post by nikkili26 Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:27 pm

i am waiting for my order to come in and i can barely stand to wait any more!!!!!!
the last time i was waiting so patiently all day, only to find that the mailman had already delivered it the day before, to the wrong door (side door instead of the front).
it's been 4 long days and i'm just waiting and waiting Smile

i ordered some holographic silver gel-can't wait to see what color it shines...will it be orange and green, or red and blue...??
and i got the paradise pastel pallette, hoping its the same teal and dark pink colors that i love in my prisma cakes.

and of course, my first order of star blends!!!so excited!!!!!!!! I love you 
and my free sponges!!!!!!!!!! cheers 
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

waiting for my supplies!!!!!!! Empty Re: waiting for my supplies!!!!!!!

Post by Michael Magick Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:38 pm

lol kid in a candy store comes to mind.
Michael Magick
Michael Magick

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2013-02-24

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyond-Belief-Magic/1166254450630

Back to top Go down

Post by creativefunfaces Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:18 pm

I am the same way when I am waiting for new toys(paints) to come in!  I will be puting my order in on Friday bouncebouncebounce. I am thinking about trying out the stencils QuestionQuestion
Happy hunting for the mail man Very Happy Very Happy
creativefunfaces
creativefunfaces

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2012-01-24

http://creativefunfaces.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:25 pm

Get the stencils! I suggest the whimsy full sheet. It has stars, swirls, dots, starburst, flowers. Great for detailing wiggly kids
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by TinafromNY Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:31 pm

I LOVE getting my packages too! Especially when I order a new color. My newest I love is FAB pearl Ziva Blue
TinafromNY
TinafromNY

Number of posts : 993
Registration date : 2012-07-05

http://www.facefanaticfacepainting.com

Back to top Go down

Post by erica21 Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:15 am

All my supplies get ordered and I can hardly stand waiting! I would be in big trouble if I lived with a face paint store nearby!!! Love ziva blue but haven't used it a lot yet.
erica21
erica21

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:47 am

omg, it is supposed to be here today!!!I'm so excited!!
I nearly forgot all the stuff in my order!i ordered from metina but also from someone else.....but I know 100% metina's order will arrive today, any minute!!!!
can't wait to start playing!
my kids even asked me to paint them!they were crying when I told them no!can't wait to surprise them, it is gonna be a great afternoon.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by veelux Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:06 pm

LOL..you are so cute. How did it go? Did you get it all? Did you get to paint the kids tears away?
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:30 pm

yes, 'twas a great day Smile
an unhappy ending, nobody wants to be painted any more Sad
apparently, they only like being painted just a little bit.

the great part is that the new brushes combined with my practicing despite my old crummy brushes has resulted in my BEST brush control and linework EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

MY NEW brushes are the loew cornell ultra round #4 and 6. love it, sooooo crisp!horrible for swirls and tribals and push teardrops but excellent for other lines thin to thick and pull tear drops, as well as delicate detail work (even with the #6).

I got a loew cornell #3 gold grip-very nice and springy....I was never too good with the round dots, even when my paint is wet, but they come out awesome with this brush!!!and PERFECT starbursts, just in time for winter when I'll be doing many snowflake designs.
finally, a mark reid #2....I am really loving it because it holds so much paint and stays so sharp.makes nice lines, I regret not getting it in a size #6, but the benefit is that it is perfect for detail work and highlights. also, it has a pointy slanted tip....comes in handy for moving hair out of the way.never noticed how much time I wasted moving hair til I got this brush!(sometimes strands get caught on kids eyelashes as I'm sponging if they move their heads)

I was also pleasantly surprised by the paradise palette....I've been so scared all weekend wondering if it was gonna be super duper tiny, but it was actually very heavy. I accidently dipped a fingernail into one of the colors and it is pretty thick too....it will probably last me awhile, since I plan to use the colors for accents, not really for bases.

anyways, guess my next order will include a practice head!!!!!!
oh well, I feel very confident about these new brushes, combined with my month subscription to fabatv, that I will just continue to improve, whether I have some kids to paint or not!i will just paint up my arms and legs Smile

nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ronnie Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:54 am

I hated my practice head.... well, I didn't hate her - she was a wonderful sport. Her name is Heady L'Amour and she lives at fesspenter's house now.

But I didn't like painting on her one bit. It's nothing at all like painting on skin. My brush would slip when tying to go over the curves in her face. I would encourage you to find other kids to practice on. Try practicing on freezer paper - it works great!

But this is only my opinion.
Miss Ronnie
Miss Ronnie

Number of posts : 3089
Registration date : 2011-08-28

http://www.wix.com/missronnie/fantasyfaces

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:32 am

your opinion means a lot!and I do believe freezer paper is something sitting unused in the pantry right now!
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down