Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FP etiquette -paint other painters designs

4 posters

Go down

FP etiquette -paint other painters designs  Empty FP etiquette -paint other painters designs

Post by KrissyJay Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi all. So I was wondering what's the rigt way to go about painting designs other painters shared. E.g. Lisa Joy Young often says she hopes we can use her designs at an event soon. Other people just share pictures and then I see the design on another painters facebook. Sometimes they give credit to the creator other times not. So what is the right way to use designs that you like that are not totally original.

KrissyJay

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2013-10-29

Back to top Go down

FP etiquette -paint other painters designs  Empty Re: FP etiquette -paint other painters designs

Post by veelux Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:50 pm

I see that a lot of people say "inspired by" the artist if they know who's it is. They ask permission to use the design if they see it on the forum usually, and give credit for it. If you paint your own version of it, I don't think most people mind. Just don't use their pictures and claim it is your own work, do your own version.
veelux
veelux

Number of posts : 1464
Registration date : 2012-02-11

http://www.glitznglowz.com

Back to top Go down

FP etiquette -paint other painters designs  Empty Re: FP etiquette -paint other painters designs

Post by nikkili26 Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:05 am

I LOVE CAT CABAJAR AND ERICA.

I come up with my designs using whatever each client requests on the spot, but they consist of elements from thousands of designs, whether it's the lisa frank eyeball on her characters, or the scalloped teardrops used by marc reid, or the highlighted spikes from pashur...

Cat Cabajar and Arjhay are two face artist I will shamelessly request permission to try their designs.

The first time I try it, it is stroke for stroke identical. The second time, it is from memory. The third time, I go back to the original design for reference, but tweak it to my own preferences. I take "liberties".lol.
generally it evolves into my own design, but sometimes-if it aint broke, don't fix it. I ask permission, if they say it's okay, I paint it.

case in point: my avatar is my first facepainting I ever did...I copied it stroke for stroke from someone online, can't remember who.

my current tiger is still done with that tutorial in mind, but it is now my own.
FP etiquette -paint other painters designs  Tiger110

so while I originally did paint their design, it'd be kinda crazy to continue to credit them when I now have my own tiger that has evolved.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by saloner Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Nikki I didn't know that was you. you don' t mention you facebook page. hi
saloner
saloner

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-04-18

https://www.facebook.com/facepaintnmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down