Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eyeshadow, pressed powder, smoothies

2 posters

Go down

eyeshadow, pressed powder, smoothies Empty eyeshadow, pressed powder, smoothies

Post by nikkili26 Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:30 pm

I can't find a definitive answer on the forum.....basically starblends are eyeshadow.
If I order the lollipop smoothie, is it going to allow me to use the drugstore eyeshadow as facepainting material?
wet n wild put out some awesome glittery eyeshadow in vibrant colors, but of course with the scrappy foam applicAtor.

when I purchased the teensy Halloween Wolfe black, it came with a sponge applicAtor, but looked awful....but when I use my good brushes, it was actually very good quality and excellent coverage.
What is the chance that purchasing a smoothie applicAtor will give good results with the other cool eyeshadow colors I see that are high pigment?

I don't get requests requiring bases too often, and it doesn't get very hot here, but I'd like to try out this powder stuff.....please, some advice would be wonderful.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

eyeshadow, pressed powder, smoothies Empty Re: eyeshadow, pressed powder, smoothies

Post by Tineke Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Sorry, can't help you on that one, I only use water activated paints..
But I think buying and using eyeshadows for full face designs might turn out to be very expensive :/
Tineke
Tineke

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2012-07-02

http://www.tinekesgrime.com

Back to top Go down

eyeshadow, pressed powder, smoothies Empty Re: eyeshadow, pressed powder, smoothies

Post by Guest Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:51 pm

Starblends are pancake make-up - wet or dry foundation.

They are pressed powders.

Eye shadows are typically pressed powders.

They are cosmetics therefore safe for application to the face.

You can apply by whatever method you like - brush, sponge, foam applicator - whatever you have or like.

I've used eyeshadows for fantasy make-up a lot. I use eyeshadows for contouring for age and character make-up all the time.

Knock yerself out.

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:58 pm

i was scared to wet my starblend-so relieved to hear it is used that way!gonna knock myself out tonight~

Smile
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Once wet, it doesn't work dry again unless you scrape off a layer. And... it isn't for linework wet, it is a foundation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down