Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!!FACIAL FEATURES/DESIGNS

4 posters

Go down

HELP!!FACIAL FEATURES/DESIGNS Empty HELP!!FACIAL FEATURES/DESIGNS

Post by Pilareta Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi guys,
I have searched for this theme in the search box with no results but I was wondering if you could give me some tips about facial features and suitable designs. (For example, whenever I see a child with a wide flat face I think of a big dog). So, what do you like painting on children with separated eyes or wide forehead or how do you handle with a child with no space on the temples? Have you got any favourite designs for specific facial features? Thanks!!Very Happy Very Happy 
Pilareta
Pilareta

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

HELP!!FACIAL FEATURES/DESIGNS Empty roll with it

Post by Savvy Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:27 pm

The people where I live are mostly German descent or Native American descent. Natives have high cheekbones and long cheeks while the German-descent have rounded, shorter cheeks. But it just doesn't matter when I paint. I make the design narrower or wider or longer or shorter depending on the shape of their face. More tear drops here or more swirls there, that's the beauty of this art form, it just flows...perfect depends on the canvas.
Savvy
Savvy

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2013-09-16

http://www.colorsplashfacepainting.biz

Back to top Go down

HELP!!FACIAL FEATURES/DESIGNS Empty Re: HELP!!FACIAL FEATURES/DESIGNS

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:15 pm

I just paint what they ask for and modify accordingly. Really, there isn't a set of "suitable" designs, just making the usual ones look good.

Like... trying to do a princess crown on a child with a hairline that touches their eyebrows!! There are ways to make it work...

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:45 am

I adapt, but I understand how you feel.My kids have huge faces and small foreheads. Most kids around here are exact opposite so I am forced to redesign on the spot.

If you check out some specific artists, you'll see how they fill in gaps with petals, tear drops, swirls or dots.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2013-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilareta Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:30 am

Thanks guys! I try to adapt my designs too, and I feel your pain about the girl with no forehead who wants a princess crown Shocked Laughing  I just wanted to know if there's some other design that you offer in those cases. I mean like a snake or tribal lines for thin faces or flowers on the cheek for non-forehead girls. Thank you for your aswers!
Pilareta
Pilareta

Number of posts : 1336
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:56 am

A no forehead princesses gets a dab of cheek blush beautiful 1stroke rainbow band of color that matches her clothes over the eye lids with a gem between the eyes and tear drops on the nose bridge with dots in the corner of the eyes and ribbon like swirls on the cheek.
Lipstick with glitter on top, and a starburst or two on the cheeks.
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by nikkili26 Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:59 am

If she has a little more forehead....you know, a five head....lol....then she gets a nice boarder of beautiful flowers on her fancy swirly tiara. I love a bigger forehead canvas!
nikkili26
nikkili26

Back to top Go down

Post by Coral3 Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:10 pm

I find this challenging too. Sometimes you really just have NO room for the bat forehead design they ask for & it ends up morphing it into something a bit different...

It's another good reason for having a word list instead of a photo menu - because sometimes there is just no way to make it look just like the picture.
Coral3
Coral3

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down