Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello and Where were you 10 years ago? ;-)

2 posters

Go down

Hello and Where were you 10 years ago? ;-)  Empty Hello and Where were you 10 years ago? ;-)

Post by Diana Jo Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi all, I just registered but have done a lot of searching and reading over the last month. I started painting faces in '97 at a local strawberry and pumpkin farm while I was in high school. It ended up being a regular gig until 2004 when I moved away. Well, I moved back and as luck would have it, the farm (now berries only) was in need of a painter again. So, I was asked back, which is always a great feeling!

Of course, I had done very little painting for several years, no longer had 'fresh' paints, needed new brushes, and needed to do a new sign with photos of designs. Not to mention knocking all that rust off! However, the hands do eventually remember and start doing what they're supposed to. ;-)

I would have loved to have a resource like this when I first started out, but I'm ecstatic to have it now. My first gig back on the farm was yesterday and I've been asked by several of the other vendors to do painting at private events in the very near future. :-D

Happy to be painting again and looking forward to becoming a member of this community. :-D

Diana Jo

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-07-21

Back to top Go down

Hello and Where were you 10 years ago? ;-)  Empty Re: Hello and Where were you 10 years ago? ;-)

Post by Denise Cold Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:33 pm

I know what you mean. I'm glad I started here. Everyone is shocked that I've only been painting two years but a big part of that is the forum cut off about 5 years of growing pains from my career. Oh, that and practicing like crazy too. Smile
Denise Cold
Denise Cold

Number of posts : 2717
Registration date : 2011-04-06

http://www.denisecold.com

Back to top Go down

Hello and Where were you 10 years ago? ;-)  Empty Re: Hello and Where were you 10 years ago? ;-)

Post by Diana Jo Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:08 pm

There really is so much great info and sharing of experiences and design inspiration. Klutz was my great start when I was like 13 and then I got the gig at the farm a few years later. Two of us, the other girl wanted to use craft paint on faces so I insisted that she be "separate" from me and I made a sign that said I used paint designed for skin...along with a design board (largely cribbed from Klutz). It worked and now with the internet... so many ideas and bits of inspiration available at the click of a mouse.

Diana Jo

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down