Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Face Paint Forum
Register today to be part of the BEST face painting community on the planet. You just aren't cool if you aren't a member!
Face Paint Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arts & Craft shows, music events, etc....

4 posters

Go down

Arts & Craft shows, music events, etc.... Empty Arts & Craft shows, music events, etc....

Post by razmatattz Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:21 pm

Has anyone painted at arts and crafts shows, and if so how did you do?

I have been at arts and craft shows that have a festival going and have done fine, but I was wondering if anyone ever did just an arts and crafts show without having other events and kids entertainment around.

How about music festivals? I've never done one of those, so I would like to hear your experiences too.

I know I don't do well at car shows, air shows, etc. if I have to come from out of town and stay the night somewhere. I always break even or lose money.

I see so many of these type events and wonder how others did.

Thanks, Dawn

razmatattz
razmatattz

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-05-17

http://razmatattz.jimdo.com

Back to top Go down

Arts & Craft shows, music events, etc.... Empty Re: Arts & Craft shows, music events, etc....

Post by Gretchen Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:52 pm

I have only done 2 or 3 craft shows (just crafts, no festival with it), and quit pursuing them because they were SO not profitable! People don't bring their kids to craft shows to spend money entertaining them...they go to buy crafts. Now I stick to events that are designed to bring in families and kids...fairs, carnivals, festivals, etc! I figure if I don't read about it in the paper and think to myself, "we have to take the kids to this!", then probably most people won't either. Best of luck to you!!
Gretchen
Gretchen

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Arts & Craft shows, music events, etc.... Empty Re: Arts & Craft shows, music events, etc....

Post by Face Painting by Jessica Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:46 am

DON'T DO CRAFT SHOWS!
Face Painting by Jessica
Face Painting by Jessica

Number of posts : 644
Registration date : 2012-04-12

http://www.facepaintingbyjessica.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:56 am

Um... What Jessica said!
Craft shows seem to have people who do not bring their children along to enjoy the hobby.

I am typing this from the Kincardine Lighthouse Blues Festival, waiting for the OPP to close down the Main Street so all us vendors can set up. I LOVE this festival. They put me near where the teens and Tweens perform. Last year, one 13 year old girl was so small I could not see her face over the top of the lectern she was standing behind... and when she opened her mouth to sing... the smoky voice of a 40 year old blues singer came out, replete with a lifetime of anguish and yearning. WOW!
Watch out for the festivals where the lyrics are filled with expletives, and F-Bombs. It is abusive to a face painter who has to stay in one place and listen.

xoxo
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by razmatattz Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:13 am

Yeah, I was kinda wondering that myself- arts and crafts shows anyway. So forget those.

So now onto music festivals.

fesspenter - how do you do at music festivals? Anybody else done them? what was your results? Thanks. Smile 
razmatattz
razmatattz

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-05-17

http://razmatattz.jimdo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fesspenter Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:23 pm

I do very well at music festivals.
I have learned to come prepared to do my regular faces plus adult arms and legs for $25, décolletage or back for $40 each.  Usually black and white roses are the order of the day.  White/Pink/Red OneStroke Roses were BIG today.  They don't take very long.  OneStroke Leaves, some double loaded purple/white flowers, baby's breath, glitter and Bob's your uncle three minutes & $25 later.   There were no crazy long line ups like last year.  I am happily exhausted.  I am drinking white wine and laying down, emailing, listening to hummingbirds visiting my feeder 3 feet away from my head.  I had a great day.  

xoxo

Last edited by fesspenter on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DRINKY DRUNKY EMAIL MISTAKES.)
fesspenter
fesspenter

Number of posts : 3352
Registration date : 2011-04-29

http://www.wix.com/lisaleyes/facepaintbylisaleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down